When is a Sheffield school not a school?

Why is it that the name change is politically correct? Also you haven't answered by post about the name change being the same as the Starburst / Snickers re-branding.

that was stupid as well .if it aint broke dont mend it .its tinkering for the sake of it

:hihi:

I never said the name has been changed. As it never had a name before , it obviously can't have been changed can it. It is, however, a school and the fact that it is being referred to as a place for learning as opposed to a school for the wierdest of reasons is what this thread is basically about, and is all I have commented on. Go on, read my posts just once more, slowly.

No crime. The name of the school isn't the issue. Never has been with me.

Why respond to me with this comment? I haven't remarked on the 'slippers' issue, have I?!! You really do need to sit back, take a breath, and save your rants for the person made the comments that are upsetting you.

Let me quote my posts on this thread so you can reread them easier:

No negative mention of the school. In fact a very lighthearted comment.

A response to a post stating that the school is doing well. I clearly place the emphasis on it being the staff, not the name change that are making the difference.

Another lighthearted comment on the trend for relabelling commodities in the belief that the public are fooled into thinking they are something different ... and better. Sorry for being 'lighthearted'.

Still no attack on the school, its staff, its Head, nor its pupils.

Ooo look, another compliment.

So, in light of all this do you think you could be kind enough to reserve your rants for someone who is actually decrying the school and/or its staff and not me who is simply commenting in a non-nasty way about relabelling in general.

Thanks.;)

PS. I really do admire your loyalty to your child's school. It's a pity there isn't more of this about. Good luck to you in your future dealings there.:)

my rant is over i could go on forever with you:loopy:

because i could pick spots off things you still have said ( free school meals an so on ) :hihi: but ill save my energy ..:D

so if you knew linda professionaly does this mean your a teacher ??

No, but was employed in schools dealing with kids until a couple of years ago.

my rant is over i could go on forever with you:loopy:

because i could pick spots off things you still have said ( free school meals an so on ) but ill save my energy ..

Not too chuffed with the 'loopy' smilie, assuming it was aimed at me :(

The 'free school meals' comment was to highlight how using the term 'place for learning' in lieu of 'school' would sound. What did you think I was getting at?

I have no doubt that linda kingdon is a [good] better than bad person [head] someone who oversees people who learns children [teacher] someone who learns children, but to take part in such a stupid P.C. stunt shows a lack of judgment and as such she deserves any and all comments be they [for] in favour of or [againest] not in favour of trying to complicate, established plain english words, that have in my view NO negitive vibes

I have no doubt that linda kingdon is a [good] better than bad person [head] someone who oversees people who learns children [teacher] someone who learns children, but to take part in such a stupid P.C. stunt shows a lack of judgment and as such she deserves any and all comments be they [for] in favour of or [againest] not in favour of trying to complicate, established plain english words, that have in my view NO negitive vibes

[Well] borehole utilising the water table [said] orally projected.

But its not just for the sake of it. It has been clearly explained why they have changed the name.

and changing the name is really going to make a difference? come on ,a bad school is a bad school. the only way to changethat is install some disipline.

No, but was employed in schools dealing with kids until a couple of years ago.

Not too chuffed with the 'loopy' smilie, assuming it was aimed at me :(

The 'free school meals' comment was to highlight how using the term 'place for learning' in lieu of 'school' would sound. What did you think I was getting at?

i think you know what i am getting at and i think we both no what you ment by that comment:( but lets just leave it there as its a whole new rant lol...and the :loopy: face was a sign of me goin loopy and round in circles :hihi: