When is a Sheffield school not a school?

if i have kids or not attending this school/place of learning is not the point the point is this kind of P.C. dross is the first step on a long slippery road of letting things be renamed for no reason what so ever other than publicity

majority of you lot no nothing at all about this head teacher or the staff or how watercliffe meadow is affecting the childrens lifes and the community

the atomosphere there is electric its most welcoming and all due to the decication an drive of some great teachers whom have the childrens best intrests at heart these teachers go the extra mile for each child i know this because im a parent of a child at watercliffe meadow whom has come on leaps an bounds since being there her confidence has grown no end and her attitude to learnin has greatly improved as has a great number of pupils i feel very proud about watercliffe meadow and the staff and feel honoured my child attends there because i no she is gettin a fantasic education we all feel very lucky to have mrs linda kingdon as head i take my hat off to her she is doing a brilliant job !!!

why does it matter that it is called a place of learning instead of a school ..alsong as the jobs done !

Maybe it is a good thing after all !!! Based on the above post it would seem that the rest of us, who only attended 'school', do not have the ability to use capital letters for names, spell correctly or use punctuation.

Perhaps some of the pupil's parents might benifit from a few classes at the 'place of learning' !!!

:loopy:

Maybe it is a good thing after all !!! Based on the above post it would seem that the rest of us, who only attended 'school', do not have the ability to use capital letters for names, spell correctly or use punctuation.

Perhaps some of the pupil's parents might benifit from a few classes at the 'place of learning' !!!

Excellent post brighty79, but you fell at the last fence.

benifit=benefit. Otherwise excellent post.:thumbsup:

Ha ha ha ooops !!! :hihi:

A school governor writes:

1) There are several ‘schools’ in the city that are not called ‘school’; they’re called ‘Academies’. And, of course, Eton is not a school – it’s Eton College. I don’t seem to remember the same fuss being made about them.

2) Looking back through this thread, it appears that those who hold the view that ‘this is political correctness gone mad’ have the worst spelling and grammar. What conclusion should I draw from this? Perhaps they treated their time at school with its original greek meaning (schole = leisure)?

they’re called ‘Academies’. And, of course, Eton is not a school – it’s Eton College. I don’t seem to remember the same fuss being made about them.

HOPE THAT ISN`T CATCHING LOL

if i have kids or not attending this school/place of learning is not the point the point is this kind of P.C. dross is the first step on a long slippery road of letting things be renamed for no reason what so ever other than publicity

It has been explained why the name has been changed. It is not 'PC' at all. Please get your facts straight.

Actually, Brighty79 fell slightly earlier, with the placement of the apostrophe. Unless there's only one pupil at the place of learning in question.

<clipped>

They will now it's not refered to as a school........apparently.:roll:

a sheffield school no longer becomes a school when it has the misfortune of having sheffield place in front of it...

It has been explained why the name has been changed. It is not 'PC' at all. Please get your facts straight.

sorry Mr political correctness

sorry Mr political correctness

I hate political correctness but I am intelligent enough to know that this is not political correctness. In fact, scratch that, I am intelligent enough to read the reason why the name has been changed and understand English.

I hate political correctness but I am intelligent enough to know that this is not political correctness. In fact, scratch that, I am intelligent enough to read the reason why the name has been changed and understand English.

So can you explain to those of us not that intelligent, what the difference is between the apophrical stories of altering lyrics of "baa baa black sheep" - because it was considered that it was upsetting to certain sectors of society - and changing the name of a "school", because that word has bad connotations in certain sectors of society?