Meadowhall Security Guards!

You can take the boy out of the street but you cant take the street out of the boy.

this is one of my famous quotes as i used to live on the manor/ arbourthorne but moved to a more respectable area in sheffield and i always say that you can take boy out of the arbour but you carnt take the arbour out of the boy

i can't believe i spent the last 20 minutes reading all of this thread. i do say it's probably one of the more amusing things someone could have done on New Year's Day.

iamdonkey: i agree with your sentiments. but i think lots of other folk are now baiting you, and your knee-jerk responses dilute your arguments somewhat :(

saxondale seems to be the epitome of the voice of reason that you are trying to get across, but alas, some of the (off-topic) responses do make some other folk not see the forest for the trees so to speak.

personally, i have not had any trouble from the security folks at Meadowhall. in fact, i have seen them assist in a few issues not security-related and i would give them kudos.

before the barbs begin, i am _not_ a security guard, nor am i a Meadowhall cheerleader.

a few posts ago, a poster mentioned that all the guards there have to be SIA-accredited.

if certain of the allegations can be proven, there are certain escalation steps to be taken to ensure that these alleged "bad apples" not work anymore in the industry.

i tend to take a lot of the allegations here with a pinch of salt. in reality, i tend to see so much bad behaviour from younger folks at Meadowhall that often wish there was more security presence there to stop their anti-social behaviour.

btw, regarding radios. keeping in mind that there are lots of "hobbyists" monitoring the UHF frequencies Meadowhall uses for security, cleaning etc etc, i highly doubt security would put out radio calls for a frivolous rumble if they didn't want a scandal happening.

Donkey get a clue, honestly.. nobody cares that you have a NASA tree house and pay all your imaginary employees 6 quid an hour. Go write an Engrish filled letter to the only person in the world who cares about your absolutely amazing life.

once when I was a lot younger had a problem with security @ meadowhall that was a case of mistaken identity, but all things said the guards was rough in the way they handle certain youths in the centre which @ no point is allowable, the guards saw themselves as a mini police force n frankly they could do as they like, after all who is going to believe a youth who complains about such upstanding citizens, & they are clever too, they act nice & friendly inside the mall where the camera' are but they take you out through the fire exits where ironically enough there are no cameras! meadowhall has an unofficial policy where if your face doesn't fit then you won't be welcome, of course depending on your own personal experiences you may have noticed that or not @ some point in your lives.

pmsl have you read the link yet hunni???? you will be enlightened!
Lol yes i read it.... then realized the other week i was one myself after pretending to own a property in spain whilst living in a council house in sheffield...a very bored troll i was that day...Thanks stressed for the help....:thumbsup:

Ask any decent shopper if they had bad experiance with any security/police and they will tell you they are there to help you out if there is any trouble

ask any chavs/yob/morons/hoodie wearing kid and they will have lots of story to tell

cant you work it out? come on people its not that hard to work out surely

Ask any decent shopper if they had bad experiance with any security/police and they will tell you they are there to help you out if there is any trouble

ask any chavs/yob/morons/hoodie wearing kid and they will have lots of story to tell

cant you work it out? come on people its not that hard to work out surely

It's a wonder you get any work done in your super secret NASA hideout with all these surveys you must be doing in Meadowhall to know all this!