Fine for not having seat belt on

what does everyone think to this

hard working guy, on plumbing apprenticeship never done anything wrong, on way home in works van other day, copper pulled us i had my seatbelt under my arm istead of over it, it was all secure and on properly but the copper couldnt see it as the strap went under my arm so gave me a £60 fine, he was very rude and arrogent and wrote on the ticket no seatbelt when i was wearing one, might get into trouble at work now :(, yet i watched traffic cops last week where four youths were in a stolen car, no seatbelts and one had cannabis on him and all of them got away with a caution, its ridiculous he could have just warned me, and i cant risk going to court over it because i probably wont win and it could end up costing me more money and i dont get paid a lot as im only apprentice :( :(, i just have to pay it and let the copper get away with the way he treat me :(, i had a lot of respect for the police before this incident.

what does everyone think to this

hard working guy, on plumbing apprenticeship never done anything wrong, on way home in works van other day, copper pulled us i had my seatbelt under my arm istead of over it, it was all secure and on properly but the copper couldnt see it as the strap went under my arm so gave me a £60 fine, he was very rude and arrogent and wrote on the ticket no seatbelt when i was wearing one, might get into trouble at work now :(, yet i watched traffic cops last week where four youths were in a stolen car, no seatbelts and one had cannabis on him and all of them got away with a caution, its ridiculous he could have just warned me, and i cant risk going to court over it because i probably wont win and it could end up costing me more money and i dont get paid a lot as im only apprentice :( :(, i just have to pay it and let the copper get away with the way he treat me :(, i had a lot of respect for the police before this incident.

How can it be on properly if it was under your arm?

it would have still protected me exactly the same as it would above my arm, besides, the seatbelts in the middle seat of works van and in back of cars only go across you waste so surley if wearing it like i did was illegal then the middles seats of a car or van are illegal.:loopy:

Sounds a little harsh, but I'm guessing that you were telling him that he was talking rubbish when in fact he was correct that you weren't correctly wearing the belt.

I've found that if you're polite to them, and accept it if you're in the wrong, they are a lot more likely to reciprocate.

it would have still protected me exactly the same as it would above my arm, besides, the seatbelts in the middle seat of works van and in back of cars only go across you waste so surley if wearing it like i did was illegal then the middles seats of a car or van are illegal.:loopy:

But you weren't wearing 'your' seatbelt properly. Why was it under your arm?

its force of habit, its always irritated my neck so for about three years ive clicked it in then tucked it under my arm for comfort, i did do wrong and i admit that were only human, but where in a coppers job description does it say they can talk to you like crap???

cyclone i never once talked back i talked to him with respect but from the moment i sat in police car he was rude and be-littled me, ive been brought up to show respect and i expected some back lol.

Sounds a little harsh, but I'm guessing that you were telling him that he was talking rubbish when in fact he was correct that you weren't correctly wearing the belt.

I've found that if you're polite to them, and accept it if you're in the wrong, they are a lot more likely to reciprocate.

You never never 'accept' your wrong though pretending to be nice while avoiding the questions can be fruitful.

its force of habit, its always irritated my neck so for about three years ive clicked it in then tucked it under my arm for comfort, i did do wrong and i admit that were only human, but where in a coppers job description does it say they can talk to you like crap???

So for three years you've done it? I'd say you were lucky.

cyclone i never once talked back i talked to him with respect but from the moment i sat in police car he was rude and be-littled me, ive been brought up to show respect and i expected some back lol.

I'd say 'rude and belittle' = being told in no uncertain terms that you should wear your seatbelt properly.

So for three years you've done it? I'd say you were lucky.

I'd say 'rude and belittle' = being told in no uncertain terms that you should wear your seatbelt properly.

I think the op has enough intelligence to know how they were being treated.

nice to see your posts dont change= conflict

Umm .. I have to admit now to also having been fined for not wearing my seat belt. No excuse, but I was driving through a gated road - (for those that don't know .. you have to get in and out of the car to open and close the case because there are cattle in the err, field .. field with a road running through it). It was only down the road from me, so I have to be honest, I didn't think to put my belt back on .. whoops !

Lesson learned. We all have these lessons for different things ...

your not getting the point, i didnt mind being told i knew i was in the wrong it was the attitude and tone of voice the copper used, he wouldnt talk to his boss like that so what gives him the right???, i dont mind paying fine, its just with all the other worse crimes happing, especially in the area he pulled us, i though he would have just warned me, he could have wrecked my apprenticeship writing fines out for such a trivial thing, all those bums hanging on street corners, he wouldnt wreck their careers because they dont want a career, i contribute to society and deserve respect back.:rant::hihi: