Doncaster restaurant for my birthday!

I know it seems rather odd to be posting a request for nice restaurants in Doncaster on a Sheffield forum, but I thought it was close enough..plus, there is no Donny Forum!

So, basically, I'm wanting to go out for my 24th birthday meal this weekend in Doncaster this weekend, but I don't know Donny very well..so can anyone recommend somewhere lovely to eat? I did spy a Sushi place, but I'm not sure how good it will be compared to its Sheffield rivals.

Hope someone can help!

Hi,

Happy 24th birthday for a start! Is it DOncaster Centre you're wanting to go for a meal in? I don't think there's as much choice in Donny as Sheffiled and most of what's available plays it safe a lot more than here.

The places I can think of are:

Central Park in Bradford Row which does American style food but not as 'take-awayish' as some of the ones here and it has an open kitchen so you can watch them cook your food. They also do loads of cocktails!

Indus on Silver Street which is an Indian restaurant. I don't eat spicy food but my parents have been there for years!

An Italian I can't recall the name of next to Ward bros furniture and opposite the old Donny College. It's supposed to be very nice but I've never been.

The Bangkok Elephant on Copley Rd which is away from all the pubs and main shops so it's quieter. It's a Thai restaurant owned by a gentleman and his thai wife so it is authentic thai food.

Down Copley Rd there seem to be a few different restaurants popping up inlcuding a Carribbean one.

The Italian is called The Opera - REALLY good!!

hya, theres la taverna on hallgate, never been but has good reviews, theres a couple of italians on nether hall road which are very popular, for chinese try china palace on silver street, indian theres taj mahal next door to la taverna, though 4 miles out at woodlands theres the popular aargrah.

most of these will have web sites.

one word of caution doncaster can be a little bit chaotic social wise at weekends so dont expect anywhere quiet.

by the way happy birthday.:P

Try Relish its only been open a few weeks, owned by the people with the Bistro, good food, modern style bar and grill

Hi, the best restaurant, in my humble opinion is Balrams on Copley Road, just down from Electro Music. It's a Nepalese restaurant and if you google Balrams Doncaster. all reviews should be very positive. Mr Balram will even show you round his kitchen and he's so so sweet as is his wife.

Now, The Opera, I do not much care for - I find it rather generic.

I've not been to the Japanese food bar but I've heard positive reviews from friends who have eaten there. I have, however, spent some time (and indeed money) in the Japanese cocktail bar next door which can be a little pretentious at time (I know - in Doncaster???) but my oh my the cocktails are delicious - perfect for birthday parties!!

Happy birthday and have lots of fun xxx