What's happened to fish and chips in Sheffield?

one of the very best i've found is on attercliffe common opposite the old dog n partridge strip club as it was- think the chippy is called the Robin hood or something. eat in or takeaway, really nice grub and good prices also.

The chippy that's open all day on Handsworth Road is lovely, had some last night, being a Sunday!

crap chips there tho! :(

used it many times unfortunately!

The one relatively close to the bottom of City Road does good fish and chips.

I can only rate their prices vs Friday/Saturday night 'venues' in town, as I dont do F&C elsewhere. In that respect they seem good too.

Riverside Chippy down hillsborough is a good chippy and quite reasonably priced too and Norwood chippy on Herries road is quite good although a little more expensive.

Yep, i'll second that, Riverside chippy down Hillsborough is def worth a try, quite a new chip shop too, bet it does a bomb!

Funnily enough, had fish n chips for tea! We tend to go to Four Lanes chippy on Leppings Lane as it's in walking distance from home. You must try it. It's worth checking out the opening times though.

wow I started a right chatter off here didnt I, I am going to look and see who is closest to prince and pop along there this week.

Question....Everyone goes on about lard, including my hubbie....Can you put Lard in a deep fat fryer ???

What everyone has said about cooking in dripping is true, the best chippy in Sheffield is Tonys in Mosborough, lovely!!! Worth the wait, there is always a queue.

OK FACT - fish and chip shops by and large, cater for the late night drinkers and as such, quality is not exactly high on the list of prioritys (and drunks will eat anything)

If you want quality, here are the rules

1) the opening times - if a chip shop is only open for a couple of hours in the day, and then again early evening the quality will be high. If its late night, then expect garbage.

So check the opening times

2) If you see a cat (or other animal ) going round an a kebab scewer, then don't expect good quality.

If you go by the above rule, then you will have good fish and chips.

By the way, I recommend the chip shop near the Wednesday ground, don't know its name but its on the courner of Catch Bar Lane/Leppings Lane. No late opening hours, no kebabs, just fish and chips like the old days

Funny sh3t... If you see a cat (or other animal) going round on a kebab skewer... weeing myself at that..... And b4 the brigade try to skewer me for cruelty... I love animals so shut it lol

Funny sh3t... If you see a cat (or other animal) going round on a kebab skewer... weeing myself at that..... And b4 the brigade try to skewer me for cruelty... I love animals so shut it lol

I don't know what sort of animal is on the scewer, but because it looks similar in size to a cat, I assumed thats what kebabs are made from

visited the one on Shoreham Street again tonight, a very long queue and took over 30 minutes to get served, but well worth it - lovely chips, and the fish is always great!

You obviously aren't exactly Customer of the Year - maybe they saw you coming and gave you the reserve fish and chips :D

This was very bad news for the happy fish, because fish & chips is composed of two main ingredients: fish and potatoes - so we don't we need an IQ test to work that one out.:huh:

:thumbsup: