How faithful are you?

If you are apart from your current partner for more than a few days:  

358 members have voted

1. 1. If you are apart from your current partner for more than a few days:

• I have never been unfaithful to him/her
    • I am regularly unfaithful to him/her
    • I have been unfaithful once or twice
    • I have been tempted but so far have resisted

I would never dream of cheating on my boyfriend, he is my life and soul and makes me very very happy, I love him more than words can begin to describe.

No man would ever come close to him I couldnt even contemplate cheating.

Regardless of the circumstances some people are in with their relationships I think that cheating is a spiteful thing to do and it just breeds lies and decite and causes too much hurt and pain.

Love Rat Darren Day comes to mind now, what a freak and why do those idiot women that he ends up with think they are the women that will change him, even now that he has a sprog I cant help thinking that he will be splashed on the front of some seedy tabloid coming out of a brothel one day.

Watch this space.

Jo

Gosh, people are so rightous... We'd all cheat, we just have to be put in the right situation.

nope i dont agree with you, some people would cheat in the right situation but saying all would is just stupid.

OK, 95% of people would in the right situation. There are always nuns and silly people and stuff... yeah, sorry, not EVERYONE.

Originally posted by Snook

OK, 95% of people would in the right situation.

I don't like being judged by your standards Snook. I would never ever cheat on my girlfriend - she is everything to me and I could never do anything like that to her.

Originally posted by JonJParr

I don't like being judged by your standards Snook. I would never ever cheat on my girlfriend - she is everything to me and I could never do anything like that to her.

Then you would be in the 5%...?? How is that being judged by my standards... or are you 'other'?

OK, here's another viewpoint...

I find my self in love with someone. There is chemistry between us, but I don't know that she feels the same way and she is with someone else.

I have no intention of making a nuicance of my self, but neither can I feel any interest in anyone else.

I guess my point is, if you can cheat, then your not in love.

But what if the affair is BECAUSE of love... people tend to forget that. You might think you are happy now, but you never know when and where you can fall in love.

Agreed Snook, but you are then cheating on your partner, not the person you love.

Of course, they should be the same person, but things don't seem to work out that way very often....

Originally posted by Bigfoot

Agreed Snook, but you are then cheating on your partner, not the person you love.

Of course, they should be the same person, but things don't seem to work out that way very often....

Yep, life doesn't always work out as we like. I just find the people who say they will NEVER cheat kinda naive... but maybe it's just cynical old me... I just think most people can be very tempted, and anyone can fall in love at any time, which may lead them to cheat.

okay, to throw a wrench in the works, how about if the following hypothetical situation was happening :-

The other person within the relationship was not giving comfort/affection which was craved and desired, would it be wrong to find that somewhere else if it helped ease the frustrations of the individual involed ?

What if the affair was not a long term thing, just for a bit of company and closeness that wasn't being received within the relationship that existed ?

What would justify an affair ?

Originally posted by Kry10

okay, to throw a wrench in the works, how about if the following hypothetical situation was happening :-

The other person within the relationship was not giving comfort/affection which was craved and desired, would it be wrong to find that somewhere else if it helped ease the frustrations of the individual involed ?

What if the affair was not a long term thing, just for a bit of company and closeness that wasn't being received within the relationship that existed ?

What would justify an affair ?

I don't think so.

If there's a problem in the relationship, both parties should look inwards not outwards for a solution. In the situation mentioned above, how likely would the non cheating partner be able to show affection if they discovered the infidelity.

When you go into a relationship, you should be prepared to take the rough with the smooth. If it is a short term thing, it shouldn't be such a problem.

K x