Do you think social services do enough?

What has this to do with a social worker? As you have moved house and reported this to your doctors / midwife do you want a social worker to come and check up on you?

no my point is i could have moved into a rite dump n my child could be badly treat and all children should be seen as the grow but they dont as i havent been checked at all since i moved so how many families are they missing that do miss treat there children

What did the social worker do to actually cause the accident? Maybe they didn't do enogh to prevent the accident but that is different than saying it was caused by the social worker.

The social worker went to visit somebody whose young child was playing outside on the back garden - the owners of the house used the back door which is accessible by going up the steps at the front of the house and then through a gate which is bolted - the social worker left the gate open. The child was found a few minutes later at the bottom of the steps with its mouth all smashed in!!!

I agree that social workers are busy but that doesnt excuse the mistakes they make when the mistakes affect the lives of children.

no my point is i could have moved into a rite dump n my child could be badly treat and all children should be seen as the grow but they dont as i havent been checked at all since i moved so how many families are they missing that do miss treat there children

I don't get your point? Why would a social worker visit you just because you moved? If social workers checked up on every family that moved they would never be working with families who need support. If you had no social worker involved before you moved (and you haven't mentioned you did) then they would only be interested if a referral was made.

Think how many families move in and out of different areas every day? That would be crazy.

Ok so like you said every one makes mistakes and the social worker was wrong to leave the gate un-bolted, if that was what really happened. But if a child can not walk properly yet then the parents should not be leaving him / her un-attended.

As for mistakes that cause a child to die,which are very few and far between for starters, and they are made accountable for their actions just like anyone else.

Ok so like you said every one makes mistakes and the social worker was wrong to leave the gate un-bolted, if that was what really happened. But if a child can not walk properly yet then the parents should not be leaving him / her un-attended.

As for mistakes that cause a child to die,which are very few and far between for starters, and they are made accountable for their actions just like anyone else.

The child was young and in a baby walker on a flat path - there was no danger until the social worker left the gate open.

I dont like the way you say 'if that was what really happened' - of course it happened like that - why else would I say that?? Im not someone who comes on here and makes things up. It was a family member that it happened to!!

No matter what you say I will always have a low opinion of social workers - I havent found a helpful or nice one yet!!