Heeley warning- keep your doors locked, there's a sneak thief about

Hi, My partner has had her handbag taken off kitchen table tonight, she had only just got in from work and went upstairs for a second. She feels she was followed from car to back door by someone.

We live on Myrtle so a word of warning to all in the area.

FA

oh this is sickening - and worrying that someone might be targeting potential victims as well.

There's a lot to be said for having a dog- no one messes with the dobermutt. Our alarm has a loud 'bing bong' chime too, so we can hear if the door is being opened, but it's on a double lock so hardly likely. Hope they catch the scumbag quickly.

I had my car broken into on Friday which was parked outside the house smashed back window and broke the ignition lock. Heeley is getting a bad name at the moment through no fault of the residents that live there.

Hi, My partner has had her handbag taken off kitchen table tonight, she had only just got in from work and went upstairs for a second. She feels she was followed from car to back door by someone.

We live on Myrtle so a word of warning to all in the area.

FA

When you say "she feels she was followed" how do you mean, as in afterwards she felt that or at the time she actually felt like she was being followed??? I hope she is ok, i would sh*it myself if i thought i had been followed, im not to far from there myself,best thing to do is, leave a big bag of brown powder and a couple of needles on the kitchen side, its bound to catch their eye first the scum bags....:rant:

She parked car and walked down ally (teraced house) and felt someone was behind her, it been dark and all never turned round just got her self in house and locked door. There was a card from UPS saying a parcel had been left in bin so she went out and cam back in, took parcel upstairs to hide (it was a xmas present) forgot to lock door and came down 30 seconds later and door was open and bag gone.

Alarm now fitted, I know it barn door and horse and bolted and all that.

Just a message to everyone reading this, DONT KEEP YA DOOR UNLOCKED WHEN YOUR IN THE HOUSE - Is yours unlocked now? WELL GO AND LOCK IT!!!

Yup im on Delf st too. Had sneak thief in through back door 2 years back and someone got in through front door bout 3 months back. Front door was very much locked but they lifted it off hinge, they were pretty noisy too, which woke me up. Grrrrr

I had my car broken into on Friday which was parked outside the house smashed back window and broke the ignition lock. Heeley is getting a bad name at the moment through no fault of the residents that live there.

Nothing new.

I lived on Carrfield for over 20 years until I moved on 6 years ago.

We had 8 break-ins in that time - shed, car and house....

Where's Delf Street?

(Ignore me - found it)

if you had caught the toe rag and given them a kicking you would have been locked up for defending your property ! oh what a wonderful country we live in

Not if you'd managed to find out where they lived (carrying ID, torture etc) and then promised to go round to theirs with some 'mesters' if they reported you...

Unfortunately that's the society we live in. If you play with fire, expect to get you fingers burned...!

My son had his playstation taken from his lounge whilst he was in the other day. Silly boy didn't lock the back door though.

A few years ago an ex girlfriend of mine who lived off London Rd, watched a 'scrote' stroll past her window, down her path, into her kitchen, take her handbag & stroll off, I told her only a few days before not to leave her doors unlocked.

Two of my neighbours had their sheds broken into last night on Walden Road. The helicoptor was out and they managed to catch one of the scumbags.

Be vigilant.