Snow forecast for next week!!!

The daily mail have posted a shocker story that were all going to be freezing today - with tempreatures as low as -8c and widespead snow and frost. My moneys on it being a little nippy this evening and perhaps some sleet over night. Followed by a crippling extra 45 minutes on everybodys commute as we all slow down and faff around at the sight of snow.

I hope it does snow though - it really does satisfy the child in me!

Have you got the Scottish edition? ;)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/yh/yh_forecast_alltext.html

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

It'll be cold enough to snow tonight, the big factor is whether there will actually be any precipitation.

I hope it doesnt snow iam using crutches at the moment!!

It was snowing in Scotland & NI earlier, and the trough from NI has moved ober N Wales and Cheshire. There is a report of snow in Chester atm. I'd keep an eye on the blob the W/NW on the radar. Whether it will snow/sleet or settle is dependant on where that goes (should cross the country moving SE), and how heavy it gets.

Light snow here in Leicestershire at the moment.

not a lot but its here...

This morning, was the first time since near the beginning of the year that I've had to defrost my bike seat.

The winter is officially here, yey.

just had snow in Dungworth!! :D not a lot, none settled, but enough for us all to jump around and scream its snowing!! and enough for me to say "i told u it would snow ;)" :hihi:

Looks like the bulk (so far) passed to Sheffield's South. It's been snowing in Leics. Not settling though.

Snow in the Stoke on Trent area

i know of quite a bit of snow (friends webcam) in stoke, and also in coventry they have it!! BOOO!!! :(

just had snow in Dungworth!! :D not a lot, none settled, but enough for us all to jump around and scream its snowing!! and enough for me to say "i told u it would snow ;)" :hihi:

About 20 minutes of snowing in Bradfield too with some sleety nonsense in Stocksbridge!