Which area is the worst in Sheffield - which is the best?

Anywhere where there's council housing, you can bet it'll be crap in the immediate surrounding area.

There's council housing in Dore.

I mean before we moved here, we rented for 2 months on the badger estate and it was terrible...beaver hill rd it was, ooh some characters around there!

I live in Woodhouse on Badger estate and its not as bad as what people think. I've been here a year and no one bothers us, we keep to ourselves and many of our neighbors are elderly people who are very nice and keep an eye out for you. There has been a group of kids who hang out in a parking lot in the summer displaying anti-social behaviour-drinking, loud and making a mess. Other than their loud and rude behaviour, I haven't had any problems so far...I guess it depends who you hang out with and if you just keep to yourself, you should be fine.

Anywhere where there's council housing, you can bet it'll be crap in the immediate surrounding area.

That is rather a sweeping statement, so all areas with council houses are crap. Define crap! If you mean decent down to earth people, most hardworking families, then yes they are crap. I live on Wybourn and would not live anywhere else. The only problem with "council estates" is the bad reputation they receive as a result of the behaviour of a "very" small minority.:rant:

YYYYYYAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNN! :rolleyes:

I think there are another 50,000 ba-zillion threads similar to this one so I will sum it up for you.

Some people will say Dore/Totley etc are the best and Manor, Burngreave are the worst.

Some people will say that in Dore and Totley etc they are stuck up their own arses and there is a better sense of community in the 'worst' places.

Then the posts will become more and more personal and abusive and a mod will close the thread......then next week a similar thread pops up and it all starts again!

As long as you like where you live should it matter?

By the way I live at Westfield and I like it.

Burngreave, pitsmoor, pagehall.. You get my drift..

Acid test; Where would you live if you won the lottery? Stay where you are, for example Wybourn/Arbothourne/Pitsmoor etc or move? The reason I ask is that Sheffield has its own example, Ray Wrag, who won £7mill. and moved from a council estate to, I believe, Whirlow.

Acid test; Where would you live if you won the lottery? Stay where you are, for example Wybourn/Arbothourne/Pitsmoor etc or move? The reason I ask is that Sheffield has its own example, Ray Wrag, who won £7mill. and moved from a council estate to, I believe, Whirlow.

I would probably move to somewhere on the outskirts to the north of the city. I was just summing up how this topic usually goes.

I would probably move to somewhere on the outskirts to the north of the city. I was just summing up how this topic usually goes.

Yeah, I realise that. It's just that people will 'vigorously' defend their circumstances yet deep down harbour a desire to live 'elsewhere' if it became a possibility.

Yeah, I realise that. It's just that people will 'vigorously' defend their circumstances yet deep down harbour a desire to live 'elsewhere' if it became a possibility.

I know what you mean! :)

I would love a house in the middle of nowhere! Surrounded by beautiful views!

I know what you mean! :)

I would love a house in the middle of nowhere! Surrounded by beautiful views!

That's precisely my point! Wouldn't we all!

Inverted snobbery creeps into these threads every single time.........

........ and for balance, so does snobbery......!

That's precisely my point! Wouldn't we all!

Inverted snobbery creeps into these threads every single time.........

........ and for balance, so does snobbery......!

Exactly.......but my desired place wouldn't be classed as an area! I would be on my own :hihi: