Carnage on the Stock Markets

I'm afraid you might have to start darning your socks and using tea bags twice.

I already do that.

Oh my God we're all going to die!

PANIC!!!!!

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the price of some things has gone up, the price of some other things has gone down and most people who had a job and a house earlier this year still have them now and will probably have them this time next year. Wake me when it's over.

I already do that.

Well at least you'll be safe in the knowledge that it wasn't your cavalier attitude to expenditure that led to this mess.

It's when you have to start darning your tea bags that the worry really comes anyway.

I wonder if Sophie Ellis-Bextor will be releasing a follow-up single ?

It's when you have to start darning your tea bags that the worry really comes anyway.

or wearing them instead of socks.

I wonder if Sophie Ellis-Bextor will be releasing a follow-up single ?

No, her transformation into a cat is now complete.

This is phenominal. 7% down today! The world needs to wake up and start communicating.

Your usually a bit dramatic and pessimistic but I agree with you on this one!

Sorry if I come over as pessimistic :( I don't want to. But the world is in a very pessimistic place right now

But I'm not pessimistic for our future. We can still turn things around and make this planet a fantastic place to be - but we have to change our attitudes. Massively.

Our priorities have to change - material things don't matter, they don't compare to the truly important things - like loving and caring for ourselves and others for who we ARE - not what we HAVE.

I know it all sounds a bit pie in the sky - but it is possible, if enough people want it to be like that.

Are we going to value materialism over spiritual values? See where materialism has got us - this huge worldwide financial crisis that no-one has a clue how to tackle, or where it's going to end.

Or are we going to recognise that material values simply cannot sustain us in the long run - either physically or spiritually - and alter our mindset and attitudes accordingly?

It's going to be a time of huge change, that's for certain. But it is also a time of great Hope - that Change can be something wonderful.

StarSparkle

Our priorities have to change - material things don't matter, they don't compare to the truly important things - like loving and caring for ourselves and others for who we ARE - not what we HAVE.

Money is the key to end all your woes

Your ups, your downs, your highs and your lows

Won't you tell me the last time that love bought you clothes?

It's like that, and that's the way it is

Run DMC - "It's like that"

Money is the key to end all your woes

Your ups, your downs, your highs and your lows

Won't you tell me the last time that love bought you clothes?

It's like that, and that's the way it is

Run DMC - "It's like that"

Sadly, his money didn't stop Jam Master Jay getting shot to death did it? Probably the biggest woe that he ever faced, I'd guess.

Sadly, his money didn't stop Jam Master Jay getting shot to death did it? Probably the biggest woe that he ever faced, I'd guess.

Well, no, it didn't work out well for him, but the lyrics still stand I think.

Sorry if I come over as pessimistic :( I don't want to. But the world is in a very pessimistic place right now

But I'm not pessimistic for our future. We can still turn things around and make this planet a fantastic place to be - but we have to change our attitudes. Massively.

I know it all sounds a bit pie in the sky - but it is possible, if enough people want it to be like that.

There are some who say the world is coming to a HUGE decision point over literally the next 3-4 years, about the future of the human race and where we develop from here.

Are we going to value materialism over spiritual values? See where materialism has got us - this huge worldwide financial crisis that no-one has a clue how to tackle, or where it's going to end.

Or are we going to recognise that material values simply cannot sustain us in the long run - either physically or spiritually - and alter our mindset and attitudes accordingly?

It's going to be a time of huge change, one way or the other. But it is a time of great Hope - that Change can be something wonderful.

StarSparkle

That is a cracking post! I think from my experience that some people just read snippets of your posts and get the same impressions I got about you being negative without seeing any of this positive stuff! Surely everyone would have to agree with your sentiments. Just how the hell do we do it though. I'm materialistic and don't know how not to be though I an lucky enough to have some perspective - i.e. I'd give up every possession for my family / would rather have me marriage that a huge penthouse bachelor pad etc.... it's just everything else, money is ingrained into all of it and I can't see how we get to this future you describe or even what it would be like...