Dronfield Today 18/9/8

The 'knife crime' issue really is more attached to young (teen) gang members in inner city areas, hence the number regularly reported in London.

This incident was a 29 year old, and lets be honest, Dronfield is no gang/hoodie environment.

I think it was probably a few clowns having a punch up, and one idiot with a knife. Not the first time this has happened (idiots fighting on Church Street - it is the main focus of pubs in Dronfield) in Dronfield (or anywhere for that matter), and regardless of what anyone says or does, it won't be the last.

I'm just glad the PC is ok, and I hope they throw the book at the idiot that did it.

The 'knife crime' issue really is more attached to young (teen) gang members in inner city areas, hence the number regularly reported in London.

This incident was a 29 year old, and lets be honest, Dronfield is no gang/hoodie environment.

I think it was probably a few clowns having a punch up, and one idiot with a knife. Not the first time this has happened (idiots fighting on Church Street - it is the main focus of pubs in Dronfield) in Dronfield (or anywhere for that matter), and regardless of what anyone says or does, it won't be the last.

I'm just glad the PC is ok, and I hope they throw the book at the idiot that did it.

Dronfield is no gang/hoodie environment , where've you been looking.

Dronfield is no gang/hoodie environment , where've you been looking.

I live near there.

There is a lot of speculation going round the town on who did it anyway whoever it was went to court last Saturday don't know what will happen next but i expect it will be in the DT on thursday

I am sure it will be featured in the "Derbyshire Times" craigmason. Are you camping outside the newsagents the night before so that you can post on SF before anyone else?

The last I heard, it was some guy with a knife. I was like... "probably".... as I trimmed my hedge and sipped earl grey from my hot mug.

There are Dorothy Cottons in all neighbourhoods, don't you think?

I am sure it will be featured in the "Derbyshire Times" craigmason. Are you camping outside the newsagents the night before so that you can post on SF before anyone else?

nah i get it delivered:hihi:

The man who did it will be prison with a long sentence but will be out in no time at all,The police have just let a convicted paedophile back out near me after serving half his sentence,and they put him back on a street with 12 kids on:rant:

To clarify this - It's not the Police who have let the "Convicted Paedophile" back out. It's the courts and probation service who deal with this. The Police will be made aware of where this man is going to live but won't be able to decide that for him. In my view it's all to do with a lack of available prison places and I blame that on this useless Labour Goverment. So much for being tuff on crime!

From what I can make out, and this is only hearsay, but apparently a man near the Forge in Dronfield was shouting across the road to his brother and a couple of men walking down the same road thought he was shouting at them. They came across the road, an argument started and it all went off from there. I can't imagine how this could escalate to what happened though, it really is quite scary - and again further proof how stupid it is for anyone to carry a knife around with them...

I lived most of my life in Dronfield and all my family still live there. This has really, truly shocked me. It just goes to show how widespread this knife epidemic is. Never in a million years would have I expected this to happen there. Maybe it's me just *hoping* that it never would happen and looking at Dronfield through rose coloured glasses...but hey.

When I was younger we had respect for people. You wouldn't even think about backchatting someone, for fear of a clip round the ear. Now you can't even get on with your own business, walk down the street or intervene on something you know is wrong without getting assaulted. Why? Have people just got no morals anymore? Why are people's lives considered so expendable to these mindless fools?

This has really made me feel sad about the state of the world I live in. Really. How have we got to this?

:(