El Toro, Broomhill Tapas bar

Ade65

Went tonight and was very disappointed. With my wife I shared six dishes.

Bread and olives - not much bread, and no oil to dip in. Olives were nice though.

Chicken with pomegranite - nice!

Prawns with salad - nice-ish.

Lamb with peppers and chilli and garlic sauce - lamb fatty, overall taste bland.

Chorizo with red wine and mango - no sense of red wine, chorizo was bland with no kick, and the mango (presumably to make a contrast with the spice of the chorizo) ended up making the dish taste sour.

Patatas bravas - most expensive chips I've ever had; and they were chips, not patatas bravas.

Everything - hot on arrival but cooled down far too quickly.

I always find tapas a little dear anyway, but this was a poor experience. Nothing stood out as a 'bad' taste, but it was all a little bland - and the chips were close to being daylight robbery.

And before anyone asks, yes I did feedback to the restaurant, as asked by the staff.

Ade

Just to let you know that I went to "EL TORO" last night with my Wife and was VERY impressed with the overall service and the food. I think that El Toro offers something different whilst dining in Sheffield, as it is very intimate and I also liked the fact that it is bright and very homely. I knew I was in a very good TAPAS restaurant cost whilst I was there 3 Spanish girls were also eating and they too looked like they were having a fantastic time.

My Wife and I had a selection of 5 dishes and a couple of glasses of wine and the total cost was just over £30, I thought this was reasonable as we have spent over £40 at other TAPAS restaurants in the past for the similar selections. The food and service was excellent, so much so we have booked to go again on Saturday night!

I would recommend El Toro for couples and ladies of leisure who enjoy great food, excellent service and a very chilled out environment.

Thank you El Toro!

Just to let you know that I went to "EL TORO" last night with my Wife and was VERY impressed with the overall service and the food. I think that El Toro offers something different whilst dining in Sheffield, as it is very intimate and I also liked the fact that it is bright and very homely. I knew I was in a very good TAPAS restaurant cost whilst I was there 3 Spanish girls were also eating and they too looked like they were having a fantastic time.

My Wife and I had a selection of 5 dishes and a couple of glasses of wine and the total cost was just over £30, I thought this was reasonable as we have spent over £40 at other TAPAS restaurants in the past for the similar selections. The food and service was excellent, so much so we have booked to go again on Saturday night!

I would recommend El Toro for couples and ladies of leisure who enjoy great food, excellent service and a very chilled out environment.

Thank you El Toro!

Who's going to say it first?:hihi:

If youre the owner you're better off admitting its your place, saying what you do and suggesting people try you out - like the Sushi guy on Campo land did.

Treat people like fools and youre more likely to put them off.

Of course you might not be the owner..

Thank you El Toro!

When did you take over the lease? :)