Sweet shop near The Abbey.

As a 4 year old I lived on Abbey Lane (we moved just after I turned 5) and can recall going with my mum for ice cream to a sweet shop somewhere below The Abbey pub.I can't remember exactly where it was but am guessing somewhere near KFC on Chesterfield Road.Anyone remember it?It was over 40 years ago so my mind could be playing tricks.:help:

Hello Rocklegend.

I have only just found this question. Better late than never. The sweet shop was next door to the Wool shop which is now an Italian Restaurant. It was on the corner of Chesterfield Road and Holmsdale Road I think.Across from the Big Tree Pub.Round the corner was a Cobblers.

I remember this sweetie shop when it was called The Sugar Bowl. It was taken over and became Happy Shopper later on before closing.

Hello Rocklegend.

I have only just found this question. Better late than never. The sweet shop was next door to the Wool shop which is now an Italian Restaurant. It was on the corner of Chesterfield Road and Holmsdale Road I think.Across from the Big Tree Pub.Round the corner was a Cobblers.

My memory is probably playing tricks after 40 odd years but I thought it was where KFC is now.Would love to see a picture.

I may not be going back as far as you but from what i remember. Starting from the right you had Holmhirst Road, you then the cobblers on the corner, then came the sweetie shop and then what is now Marcos the Italian resturant.

The clothes shop now takes up where the sweetie and cobblers shops used to be and Marcos is still there.

Before the KFC it used to be the car sales garage, not sure what was there before that though.

Hello Samantha elw.

Thank you for correcting me love.I think before KFC. There was a Car Sales Garage. I am 63 love.

The other day my husband and I were waiting for a bus. I was speaking with an older man about how Woodseats has changed.We were laughed at by a middle-aged couple. My husband who is very protective. Stepped in verbally. They went quiet. Some people!

I may not be going back as far as you but from what i remember. Starting from the right you had Holmhirst Road, you then the cobblers on the corner, then came the sweetie shop and then what is now Marcos the Italian resturant.

The clothes shop now takes up where the sweetie and cobblers shops used to be and Marcos is still there.

Before the KFC it used to be the car sales garage, not sure what was there before that though.

I remember this shop well, the guy who ran it, used to sell us single ciggies :hihi:, naughty man :D, used to get my pink sherbet from there.

Blimey, thats an old picture, it might be the same 1, but it didnt look like that whe i used it, im only 43 :hihi:

That one was where the car park of Woodseats police station is now, I believe...

I think the one where talking about was about where the Holmhirst road crossing is now..

Edited by grinder