Recipe for homemade biscuits

has anyone got recipes for homemake biscuits.

for instance cherry biscuits,walnut biscuits.shortbread.

etc

My sis used to make some fantastic choc chip cookies - which I think she got from the Bero book

My sis used to make some fantastic choc chip cookies - which I think she got from the Bero book

Would that be this recipe?

100 g (4 oz) margarine

75 g (3 oz) soft light brown sugar

2 x 15 ml spoon (2 tbsp) syrup

175 g (6 oz) Be-Ro Self Raising Flour

100 g (4 oz) chocolate chips

2 x 15 ml spoon (2 tbsp) milk

1 Heat oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 4. Grease two baking trays.

2 Beat the margarine until soft, add the sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.

3 Stir in the syrup, flour, chocolate chips and milk and mix well.

4 Place spoonfuls of the mixture on the prepared trays and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the tray immediately and place on a wire rack to cool.

The near legendary Be-Ro book is now online for our convenience.

http://www.be-ro.com/f_insp.htm

oooooo - online?

fantastic!

thanks for that info :D

and yes, that is more than likely the recipe :thumbsup:

The bero rich biscuit recipe is a good basic biscuit recipe. It is on the bero website as recommended above.

It is the one we use all the time with kids at school. You do not have to put in the lemon, it can be replaced with vanilla, orange, almond essence anything you like really. This recipe works well with cherries, raisins sultanas etc. Also as it is a fairly firm mixture it is good for using with cutters to make shaped biscuits.

The bero gingerbread people recipe is also a good gingerbread recipe. Dont get it mixed with with the gingerbread recipe as that is a cake and not biscuits. When you make the gingerbread biscuits you will find they are still quite soft when removed from the oven (due to the sugar and syrup in the recipe). It is best to let them set for a minute or two and then transfer them to a cooling tray using a pallete knife if you have one or something similar to prevent them breaking.

Shortbread - again the petticoat tails recipe from bero book (or website) is a good one. If making it with kids they find baking margarine easier than butter. I prefer the taste of them made with butter though so just make sure you leave it out for a while before you use it.

Also the recipe says to rub in the fat to the dry ingredients similar as you would to a crumble or scones. However it can sometimes be hard to bring the dough together from crumb by kneading. Althoguh it gives a very slightly heavier texture you make the shortbread by creaming the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy and then add the flour in.

thanks to all above. will have a go at making some

i have a recipe somewhere for peanut butter chocolate truffle cookies - i'll dig it out cos they're delicious!

This is a very easy coconut biscuit recipe and makes quite a few!

125g butter

1 egg

1 cup desiccated coconut

1 cup sugar

2 cups self raising flour

Cream butter and sugar then beat in egg.

Add sifted flour and coconut and mix well.

Roll into balls and press flat between hands (the flatter the crunchier!)

Place on greased oven tray - allow quite a bit for spreading.

Bake in preheated oven @ 180C/gas mark 4 for 12 - 15 mins.

Can substitue half the coconut with around 100g toasted almond slivers. Or you could toast the coconut a little bit before adding it to the mix as well.

I mentioned this thread to my sis tonight, but she says Be-Ro have changed the recipe!

her's has eggs in it

anybody got a really old Be-Ro book in the kitchen drawer?

I mentioned this thread to my sis tonight, but she says Be-Ro have changed the recipe!

her's has eggs in it

anybody got a really old Be-Ro book in the kitchen drawer?

I did have, but it got lost when I moved house:(

I'll have a peek in my mummy's when I'm there later!

These are really nice and different

Lavender Cookies

4oz butter

2oz caster sugar

6oz plain flour

2 tbsp fresh lavender florets

2 tbsp icing sugar for sprinkling

Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in flour and lavender and bring mixture together in a soft ball. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 200C/400F/gas 6. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and stamp out about 18 biscuits. Place on heavy baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until golden.

Leave biscuits for 5 minutes to set. Using a metal spatula transfer carefully on to a wire rack to cool completely.