Biggest Threat to us in Future?

Which will be the biggest threat?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which will be the biggest threat?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha - ad infinitum

That's the funniest thing you've ever said Sid! Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup::hihi:

StarSparkle :P

Do you not consider the state cooperation we enjoy with the US to signify that we have common aims and interests, and might not unreasonably be decribed as being on the 'same side'?

Nothing new under the sun is there: Who's the greatest threat to world peace?

And my answer is still the same, pretty much like fivetides', water shortage is the biggest threat to peace.

ok, then, if we're being REALLY serious - the biggest threat to the human race is climate change, which is likely to include far too much water in some places, and not nearly enough water in other places.

Mass floods versus drought - hmm, sounds fun.

Oh, and the occasional MAJOR earthquake thrown in for good measure

StarSparkle

Do you not consider the state cooperation we enjoy with the US to signify that we have common aims and interests, and might not unreasonably be decribed as being on the 'same side'?

I'm getting the odour of something familiar here... there's a very strong smell of troll... or is it just the stinky cheese? :hihi:

StarSparkle

We are the biggest threat to ourselves.

If we're not killing each other for resources, we're killing each other for differing beliefs, be they religious or otherwise.

After all these years of practice, sadly, we've got quite good at killing each other.

I think we're on the same side as the USA in the same sense that an aircraft carrier would be on the same side, viz. a weapons platform.

We are the biggest threat to ourselves.

If we're not killing each other for resources, we're killing each other for differing beliefs, be they religious or otherwise.

After all these years of practice, sadly, we've got quite good at killing each other.

bang! (sound of nail being hit firmly on the head)

I think we're on the same side as the USA in the same sense that an aircraft carrier would be on the same side, viz. a weapons platform.
Well, that's true - we've been a useful forward platform into Europe for the US in military and economic terms for many decades, but we do share a great deal in terms of industry and pubic sector interest as well.

I wouldn't blame the Americans for looking after No1 - I certainly would - but I think we still have more in common, and more shared vested interests, than we do with most other nations.

And, whether all us us like to admit it or not, they do bail us (and everybody else in NATO) out militarily all the time. That's got to be worth a little bit of thanks.

Originally Posted by Gorgonzola

I'm getting the odour of something familiar here... there's a very strong smell of troll... or is it just the stinky cheese? :hihi:

StarSparkle

Was it that hard to answer?

Originally Posted by Gorgonzola

Was it that hard to answer?

It was certainly hard to swallow :P:hihi:

That stench is getting quite overwhelming now...

StarSparkle

There's only side the Americans are on and that's their own. Or put it another way: How many British Sevicemen have lost their lives helping The US in Iraq, and how many Americans lost their lives helping us fight against fascist Argentina, in the Falklands war?