My dog has eaten a block of butter!

janny

My lovely, wonderful, joyful, delightful dog has eaten a block of butter :o He pinched it off the side. He has been sick quite alot since. Do you think he will be ok? I know they are not supposed to have dairy products, is this because it makes them sick? It's not going to kill him is it? :o

No, I don't think he will learn from it too :mad: He's too naughty to learn anything :hihi:

I'm hoping he's got it all out now, he hasn't been sick for quite a while.

Do you think I should give him some dry dog food? or do you think its best not to feed him today?

:hihi:

I think it's all coming out of the other end. I would rather him have tom tits, I think it would smell nicer :hihi: I can smell buttery sick all over my house :gag: I've scrubbed it and mopped it but I can still smell it!

Don't you just love having dogs? I wouldn't know what I would do without them :huh:

:lol: That reminds me of my old dog, a golden retreiver, she nicked 3 packs of butter and a half frozen chicken one afternoon, after we left the shopping out in the side.

She was fine apart from she was a bit sick and she was pooing butter paper for a while!:gag:

She never nicked stuff again!

If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth.If wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error JS Mill

mine ate some marg and started feeling sorry for himself several days latter, ended up at the vets who suggested the fat had lead to some bacteria or other bug moving in and giving him an some inflamation of insides, something like that and had to perscribe some paste to clam it all down. Said it would have gone on its own in another couple of weeks and their not supposed to eat fatty food (yes I know I didn't actually suggest he ate it). Took another week to clear up. Didn't kill him (although you would have thought it was close from the looks he gave me) but cost me a bit!

No, I don't think he will learn from it too :mad: He's too naughty to learn anything :hihi:

I'm hoping he's got it all out now, he hasn't been sick for quite a while.

Do you think I should give him some dry dog food? or do you think its best not to feed him today?

I've been told before that plain cooked rice is easy for them to digest and gentle on the stomach but I'm no expert. If you don't feed him he'll survive! Hopefully you're past the worst now!