John Lewis: Knowingly Undersold!

Originally posted by nick2

It's a shame there isn't a blender attachment for the mixer.

You could buy a Kenwood Chef instead maybe? More power more attachments (a blender included with certain variants) and a cheaper price for the basic ones!

I quite like going into Coles (John Lewis) but i know a few people who won't go in there because the shop assistants are too 'stuck up'.

I usually buy things and then collect them from the loading bay later when i've finished shopping because i can't really carry anything. A while ago when i got home I found that a couple of things were missing. Went back to the store and they eventually found them and they were really good about it all.

However, i can't see why they don't include Meadowhell as in their 'local area' they are both in 'Sheffield' aren't they?

After buying my Kitchenaid blender from Meadowhall (where it was £10 cheaper) and loving it so much, I went back yesterday and bought a new Artisan (to update my old one) as well. So that's £400 of business John Lewis lost out on.

I had a reply to my e-mail. I'll ask if I can show you guys.

It looks like I may be able to venture over their threshold again.

PS - it says that the undersale should have been honoured :thumbsup:

according to:

David Smith

Manager Selling Services

John Lewis Sheffield

Originally posted by JonJParr

After buying my Kitchenaid blender from Meadowhall (where it was £10 cheaper) and loving it so much, I went back yesterday and bought a new Artisan (to update my old one) as well. So that's £400 of business John Lewis lost out on.

Did you see the knife set in that shop in Medowhall reduced by £140 to £49, I got a set (too much of a bargain), very nice solid knives, I think theres about 14 knives plus a steel.

Originally posted by nick2

Did you see the knife set in that shop in Medowhall reduced by £140 to £49, I got a set (too much of a bargain), very nice solid knives, I think theres about 14 knives plus a steel.

Was that in Professional Cookware Co? That's where I got my new Artisan from! Good knives are essential when cooking- I have a block of Global knives (Japanese steel and produced in the same way as Samurai swords). Very, very, very, very sharp!

Give trading standards a call and see what they say....or just shop at Argos!!

I used to work at cole brothers in audio & tv and yes you are right, they did make up their own rules... one minute we matched internet prices, the next we did'nt... Employees get a £3 "bonus" if you spot a price cheaper, out of about 100 prices i saw they only matches 20, stating some ludicrous reasons why not....

Thats if anything is ever in stock!!

Coles have a nice little gimmick on their never knowingly undersold policy which I found out by pure chance/

About 2 years ago they were offering Braun Turbo 600 watts for £24.99 which they normally sell for £48.99 BUT it was always out of stock at £24.99.

AND I asked loads of times about it but they always said it was out of stock. Although they are supposed to ask if you'd like to place an order they never did.

SHortly afterwards they'd got it back in stock and were selling it for £48.99. I complained vociferously to the assistant who referred it to her line manager who could see if she didnt do something PDQ I wouldnt go away and the matter would go upstairs.

What a wheeze and its not the first time I've been done by staff in that electrical department which in fact is no better than their Audio & TV Dept (see

I'm Not Shopping at Cole Brothers Anymore) for a whole host of reasons why people arent happy with their attitude.

Originally posted by Connect4Fun

I used to work at cole brothers in audio & tv and yes you are right, they did make up their own rules... one minute we matched internet prices, the next we did'nt... Employees get a £3 "bonus" if you spot a price cheaper, out of about 100 prices i saw they only matches 20, stating some ludicrous reasons why not....

Thats if anything is ever in stock!!

That Department when run by John Smith in particular was an incredible hotch-potch of mix and match customer care to suit his whim. Certainly he had a shine for Irish ladies working for IBM who could pull the wool over his eyes without batting an eyelid.

Originally posted by foxy27

Give trading standards a call and see what they say....or just shop at Argos!!

Trading Standards, that's a joke. They sit in the pockets of the likes of John Lewis, IBM and Microsoft. The law is their to make the public think they're doing something when the plain fact is they sit on the side of corporate corruption

I suppose it's not really that surprising that when the price is halved, demand increases so they sell out of whatever stock they were holding (stock levels presumably being based on historical demand figures).

They still should have placed an order for you though...