Ian Brown 13/06/08

You just have to love the logic of paying nearly thirty pound for a ticket and then doing something like that to someone that you supposedly "admire", i just dont get it!

Expect videos on youtube i guess!

Expect videos on youtube i guess!

This is really crap.I think Ian's great, I hope the people that did this feel really proud.Is he out of hospital yet?

Yeah he's out as he played at Isle of Wight festival last night! Hard as nails that guy. What a guy! Whoever pulled him off wants their ass kicking, really hard.

This is absolutely shocking behaviour, I am ashamed to be in Sheffield. I had heard that the academy was full of scallies and yobs, this does nothing to allay my fears. I am dumbfounded by this.

I hope IB is okay and recovering.

Just when Sheffield had really started to attract more and more bands on the circuit too.

Yeah he's out as he played at Isle of Wight festival last night! Hard as nails that guy. What a guy! Whoever pulled him off wants their ass kicking, really hard.

Great stuff, what a great man.

If I ever was at an Ian Brown gig I'd be on my hands and knees praying it would end early.

I have to agree that the Carling Academy is full of idiots at the minute, I hope this is just due to it being a new venue and hope over time they will find somewhere else to go. Before this place opened it was eagerly anticipated, and now I have been on a club night (Brighton Beach) and to a gig (Charlatans) I'm not too keen on returning.

'allwaystired'

Your comment is puzzling. Those with acquired taste in music would appreciate Ian's impact in the music industry in the last two decades. If you don't like him, that's perfectly acceptable. However, your comment suggests you have never been to one of his live performances- 'If I ever was at an Ian Brown gig', so may I suggest you try the experience, you never know you may be impressed! Ian Brown clearly is cocky and thinks he's higher than anyone else, but that's what is so lovable about him in my opinion. He's an inspiration to everyone to have self belief and to be proud of who you are!

I have seen him live yes, twice. Both time he has been disgustingly bad. Out of tune, arrogant, crowd full of lager swilling lads chanting stuff at him.

His prime with the Stone Roses first album is so far behind him now he's become something completly different. That something like this would happen an Ian Brown gig doesn't surprise me in the slightest as it's the mentality of some of the knuckleheads that would attend.

...and I haven't been to the Academy, but it sounds pretty miserable. The story about over 100 people getting their phones/wallets nicked at the Pigeon Detectives show seems to fit.

Mind you, what could we really expect from a venue owned by a mainstream lager company??!?!?!?

Mind you, what could we really expect from a venue owned by a mainstream lager company??!?!?!?

I didnt think Carling owned the group - they just sponsor it. The company that owns it is owned, in part, by some of the big concert promotions companies. And although they can be blamed for lots of stuff - they can hardly be blaimed for the sort of crowd certain acts attract...

they can be blamed however for the fact they never book good acts....