Sheffield now has 4 football teams!

Rotherham United have confirmed they will be moving from Millmoor and Sheffield will have a third professional team playing in the steel city from next season after they confirmed they will be playing their home matches at Don Valley Stadium.

Although it must be heartbreaking for the Millers fans to move to Sheffield I think it's the only decision they could make. Being hold to ransom by the owners of Millmoor was disgraceful. If they (the owners) were Millers fans then this would never have happened.

Doesn't that make three? Or are you counting Hallam FC? I don't know where they play nowadays ... or maybe you're counting Stocksbridge Park Steels instead ;)

Or - given that you refer to a third professional team - is the 4 in the title, merely a misprint?

Doesn't that make three? Or are you counting Hallam FC? I don't know where they play nowadays ... or maybe you're counting Stocksbridge Park Steels instead ;)

Or - given that you refer to a third professional team - is the 4 in the title, merely a misprint?

Dont know if your being sarcastic.

Sheffield FC?

Not professional, but yeah.

Dont know if your being sarcastic.

Sheffield FC?

Not professional, but yeah.

you've fell into know alls trap mate. he wanted someone to put that so that he could come back with his sanctimonious bull.

sheffield fc play in dronfield which is in derbyshire blah blah blah

Stocksbridge Park Steels play in Sheffield in the same league as Sheffield though, so that would make five teams here. Though, as you say, Sheffield FC don't play here no more.

Perhaps Rotherham should move to Dronfield and let Sheffield FC play at Don Valley - I'm sure they'd get bigger crowds :hihi:

Hallam FC? I don't know where they play nowadays

They still play at Sandygate Road the worlds oldest football ground.

They still play at Sandygate Road the worlds oldest football ground.

yehh they do' i am a hallam fan because they're my local team, but spent most saturdays watching the blades :)