River Don - Wildlife

abslutely! he used to fly fast our 3rd flor flat window every morning and every evening we'd always say hi to norman!

Have you seen the family of white ducks which bully the other ones when people chuck bread in? Daddy duck is very protective and always makes sure his ladyducks eat first.

Also the resident moorhens have had chicks. And the guy who stands in the river in waders fishing will tell you theres a lot of fish in there now as well! Amazing for an inner city area

I've just literally got back from watching it. It was fishing by the Weir by Lady's Bridge. It's only the second time I've seen one there and I too was so chuffed at seeing one. It certainly must nest in the area as this is the second time I've seen it in as many weeks (if that). I'm also informed there are Heron in the area and I'm now regularly down there with my camera. Keep your eyes peeled for those too. Your best view is from walkway by the Irwin Mitchell buildings and Riverside apartments :)
Tut Tut you cant fish rivers between 15 march to 15 june it says on your license if you have one could get a big fine and lose your tackle.

Tut Tut you cant fish rivers between 15 march to 15 june it says on your license if you have one could get a big fine and lose your tackle.

kblade was referring to the kingfishers

poor kingfishers will have to go hungry then - doubt they'll have a license:hihi:

kblade was referring to the kingfishers

poor kingfishers will have to go hungry then - doubt they'll have a license:hihi:

:hihi:didnt think of that

lol not me, the Kingfisher. I doubt they'll take his/her tackle away. Unless they're gonna pull his beak off :D

Besides I'm female and don't like fishing :hihi:

hi,

I saw one down by the Don in Beeley woods in Oughtibridge about a month ago- like you a saw the flash of blue dart past then it perched in a tree. me too only ever seen on TV I couldn't wait to tell the first person I walked past! :clap:

Hahahaha oooops

I seen one go over the road to a nearby pond at Epworth whilst driving then i stopped to buy a drink and a newspaper and spotted that bird with the big lips that used to have lovelly lips an then got mrsa in hospital and suddenly had big lips ??? Which was nice ;):D:D

I have seen the Heron on many occasions... it is usually stood at the foot of the wear next to the bridge.

I have seen the Heron on many occasions... it is usually stood at the foot of the wear next to the bridge.

Thats where I was hoping to see it today, alas no *sigh*

One day I'll get him!!

herons are always visible on hilsborough pond in the park as they nest there