My pledge for the football forum next season

After giving it a lot of thought I've decided that i like this forum very much. I enjoy seeing some of the banter and enjoy the football discussion. However i'm setting myself some promises for next season on here.

I will try to make worthwhile contributions.

I won't be drawn into childish namecalling.

I will try to be as honest and objective as possible.

I won't waste time on threads that degenerate into pettiness and playground arguments.

I will try to treat everybody decently.

I will try not to be too emotional and try to remain logical.

Lets see if i can do it!

After giving it a lot of thought I've decided that i like this forum very much. I enjoy seeing some of the banter and enjoy the football discussion. However i'm setting myself some promises for next season on here.

I won't waste time on threads that degenerate into pettiness and playground arguments.

Lets see if i can do it!

your sick mate.

not taking the bait then dan

To be honest, if I wanted to purely debate the issues associated with my club, I'd be on one of the Wednesday chat sites.

The reason I come on here is for the banter with the blades.

There are times when it lowers a bit far, and you generally find new posters are a little venomous to begin with, but they settle down eventually.

I still prefer it here to any other site, and I like most of it the way it is.

The reason I come on here is for the banter with the blades.

That's all well and good, until someone somewhere thinks that "you're a pig!" is the height of inspired humour.

Come on guys. Seriously. My nephew had better insults than that to throw around when he was five.

Lets see if i can do it!

I give you at least 2 weeks before the season starts before you break all them promises

That's all well and good, until someone somewhere thinks that "you're a pig!" is the height of inspired humour.

Come on guys. Seriously. My nephew had better insults than that to throw around when he was five.

:clap:

Right on!

but its nothing to do with you. you dont support anyone so stay neutral and no one will call you a nasty wasty little pig... bless him.

I don't dispute that some 'piggy' name calling on here is childish.

But I don't class that as the banter that I enjoy or come on here for. And just because some people come on here with that level of insult doesn't mean that those of us who enjoy the 'genuine' banter should stay away or refrain from the 'genuine' banter.

but its nothing to do with you. you dont support anyone so stay neutral

I haven't been a neutral since I was four; and whether it's anything to do with me is irrelevant anyway.

I give you at least 2 weeks before the season starts before you break all them promises
you're probably right