Adventure Holidays... what would you do?

Hi all,

After chatting to LindsayW about this in the Noticeboard forum I thought you lot would like to join in.

Take a look at this.

Would anyone else think that this type of holiday would be great?

After seeing the film 'Twister' years ago, I've wanted to go on a holiday just like this.

When I watch Holidays from Hell and see the ones that were inside the eye of the storm of a hurricane, I think 'bang on - what a great holiday that would be'. Maybe its the adrenaline junkie in me, but I would love to do something like that.

Anyone else fancy a strange/not usual type holiday?8)

Having lived through storms like that without having to chase them...hmmm. Maybe it's better when you're in a vehicle and not in your house wondering if it's gonna fall on your head:lol:

Saying that, I used to love hurricanes, even all the fuss of taping up windows and storing water. It was amazing watching mature trees bend almost double, and things like bicycles and bins whooshing past your house. And all the billboards would fall down like dominoes, squashing anything in their path. Your heart would be racing like anything with excitement.

Never liked twisters tho, they seemed to be almost malicious in what they did, like they could think for themselves. The further away from those, the better. I used to stand and watch for them forming in the sky, and then run and hide in the bathtub, trying to squash two dogs and a cat in there with me :lol: :lol: (no windows in the bathroom).

Ever seen pictures of how they can drive straw straight through planks of wood?:o

I think you're all mad. A danger holiday where you're spending all your time chasing violent storms in the hope that one will form and possibly kill you. Hmmmm. Sounds like a lot of driving and plenty of anti climaxes.

I saw a documentary on this subject a few years ago where people paid a storm chaser to drive them around. They saw a couple of whirlwinds in the week, but of course it cannot be guaranteed that you will see one and they ended up driving hundreds of miles.

I think there is a website somewhere of a few companies in Oklahoma and Kansas who run these trips. They are not cheap.

Bungee jumping is another thing that I think is a crazy thing to do on holiday. But storm chasing......I still say you are all mad!

:o

Archived