Baby Fight Club= What did you think ?

Has anyone on this forum seen the program about thaiboxing (although it indirectly does affect/include/represent kickboxing in many ways too).

What did you think of it ?

Was there anything positive about it?

Issues that were highlighted involved :

1.Thug like instructors

2.Pushy Parents

3.Lack of safety at interclub events.

Do you think any of sheffields clubs could be compared to it?

As a Thai boxer, and the Dad of a five year old Thai boxer(non competative)I feel qualified offer my two penneth...

The programme was a poor attempt to scandalize,and show the sport in a bad light, the worst example was the dim-wit forcing his "princess" into the ring.

Apart from that and the programme could have been made about any competative child sport, ever seen the parents at a kids football or rugby match ?

The Pony Club have recently cancelled some event classes due to the behavior of parents at shows and events

It was a retarded programme - how any adult could gain pleasure from watching children fight is beyond me.

What sort of parent would agree to be in a programme like that? - only those who don't realise how cringe-worthy their behaviour was.

More than anything else, it is pathetic seeing adults get their vicarious pleasure in this manner.

Ade

It was a retarded programme - how any adult could gain pleasure from watching children fight is beyond me.

What sort of parent would agree to be in a programme like that? - only those who don't realise how cringe-worthy their behaviour was.

More than anything else, it is pathetic seeing adults get their vicarious pleasure in this manner.

Ade

I agree but sadly in the semi contact kickboxing, a lot of parents and coaches ARE like that!

There are coaches and parents like that in sheffield.

I agree but sadly in the semi contact kickboxing, a lot of parents and coaches ARE like that!

There are coaches and parents like that in sheffield.

Yea i agree there is 1 coach in sheffield who was like forcing his 9 yr old daughter to fight right? and she didnt even wanna fight either!!! yea i think this program was a gud idea to show the pulic wat kinda dickeads are in the sport.

I thought the parents were terrible apart from the lad from London Bulldog gym his Mum was fine.

The fights were not that brutal I have seen a lot worse at WTF TKD(where full contact kicks to head are allowed) and at light continous events with lack of control (Refs not warning for heavy contact.

I thought the amount of title belts was a joke BKNFMA CHAMPION ETC they are just giving them out instead of trophies.

I thought the parents were terrible apart from the lad from London Bulldog gym his Mum was fine.

The fights were not that brutal I have seen a lot worse at WTF TKD(where full contact kicks to head are allowed) and at light continous events with lack of control (Refs not warning for heavy contact.

I thought the amount of title belts was a joke BKNFMA CHAMPION ETC they are just giving them out instead of trophies.

You are right about that OxMa the title situation in thaiboxing, embarassing to say the least :gag:

As for parents, theres plenty like that in sheffield! Some of whom are instructors and force their own kids to fight!!!

Don't think the 'title' issue is linked soley to Thai Boxing, think most combat sports/MA have the same problem although I do agree it takes the urine a little. Someone wants their fighter to have a title so they start up their own sanctioning body/federation and then decide who can and can't fight for them.

One or two governing bodies looking after titles/rules/licensing and insurance would sort a lot of this mess out - up until then we can just keep sighing.

All that said you can't really blame the fighters for wanting titles, regardless of the sanctioning body.

As for the programme, just think it should how pushy some parents can be - although that again isn't exclusive to Muay Thai or MA's - where ever kids are involved in competions there will be pushy parents living their own live's through their kids - just look at the beauty pagents in America - disgraceful.