Hands Up If You Attended Frecheville School Mid 50s

Think Ian Hamilton lived on Frecheville and was in my year at school I am 64 this year. think he palled about with Pete Hides.

Thanks for that anything on Ian Hamilton was his best friend and many moons ago my boyfriend

I will ask all my friends if anyone has any more info on him for you. We always treasure teenage 'loves'.

No problem. Hazel (nee Orio) and I'm 64 this year.

Hi. I was at Frecheville from 1953 - 1960 and then went to Chesterfield Tech to get some O levels.

I lived on Basegreen Close at number 19 about 50 yards down from John Eyre. He and I stole into the Rex Cinema when we were 13 to see the Wizard of Oz!! It was the first time I'd smoked a Woodbine. I was violently ill. Anyone from my class?

Janice Higgins, Vivian Hayes, Vicky Roberts, Heather Campbell (funny how I only seem to remember the girls...)

Miss Green was tough but inspiriational to me. She made me read books (Biggles was my first)

Mr Furness I always remember because we were discussing the universe and he asked who made GOD? At 12 years old this is a very disturbing question.

Mr Sharpe for maths had a bad limp.

Mr Bennett in art class I remember the potato prints

Also remember

Pirates at Xmas, ringing the school bell, being thrown in the gorse bushes, drawing a picture for maths class and getting 3 house points, getting caned. Many times

Happy days

Do you remember Ken Hollingsworth lived on Basefreen drive and Dicky Crookes, they were in the school football team?

Sorry don't remember Ken but Dick Crooks (Crookes) went to Chesterfield tech with me after 1960. He was in a production of Merchant of Venice there, I think he played Salerno I played Shylock. We had a mutual mate called Jack Mason who lived on Lister Ave. He died in Germany in a car crash in 1966. RIP.

Dickie (Richard when being posh!) is a big friend of our and we still keep in touch on a regular basis. He just Never changes and is still as daft as ever.

and Oh I think we all got in at the Rex free at some time or other, 'The boys' would climb through the loo window and then open the bottom fire door for the girls - well until 'torchy' spotted us and we all got thrown out.

Sorry don't remember Ken but Dick Crooks (Crookes) went to Chesterfield tech with me after 1960. He was in a production of Merchant of Venice there, I think he played Salerno I played Shylock. We had a mutual mate called Jack Mason who lived on Lister Ave. He died in Germany in a car crash in 1966. RIP.

I remember seeing that production of The Merchant of Venice at the Civic Theatre. The scene changes consisted of altering the number gondola poles that could be seen. ie 3 in one scene & 5 in the next. LOL.

I can recall you as Shylock and Jack playing a part but not Dick Crookes.

Also, I thought Jack's tragic accident happened in early 67 not 66 as I thought he was 21 when he was killed. His 21st birthday was Nov 66. My recollections could be wrong, however. It's a long time ago.

Dick,did you also spend some time in Darmstadt with Jack? If so, when was that?

Echo

Duplicate posting, sorry.

Edited by echo beach

Hi echo

Yes I went to Darmstadt with Chesterfield Tech people. I remember Langalouie (?) and eating pizza for the first time. I also visited Jack in Germany later on when I was posted to Rheindahlen in 1965. Jack Mason was always a wow with the ladies. He had my undying admiration! The last time I saw him was in Darmstadt I think. He was having women troubles then.