Hands Up If You Attended Frecheville School Mid 50s

Yup I Remember Mr. Slater, He Also Taught Science And Mr. Furness He Was A Flirt! What Was The Name Of The Dippy Music Teacher, She Was Short And Had Blonde Hair, I Hated Her She Gave Me The Cane For Throwing Snow!...bitch

Mr. Dyson, Woodwork, Mr. Slater, Science and Mr. Furness, English and he could use a cane. But it did us no harm.

Yup I Remember Mr. Slater, He Also Taught Science And Mr. Furness He Was A Flirt! What Was The Name Of The Dippy Music Teacher, She Was Short And Had Blonde Hair, I Hated Her She Gave Me The Cane For Throwing Snow!...bitch

If you are talking late 50s the teacher would be Miss Bridget, she also taught Relegious Education, she came from Cornwall.

I have been trying to remember the name of all the school houses, but its been such a long time that I have forgotten them. But I can still remember the school motto, Honestus quan Manura, is that right?.

Hi, Houses were Hopefield, Birley, Wingfirel and Thornbridge.

i was in Hopefield, but if I remember well Thornbridge allways seem to do well on

sports day.

Yes Honour before Honours, or as Miss Green would say "If a jobs worth doing it's worth

doing well" My kids know that 'cause me and Ken would forever say it to them and add.

'miss Green 1960"!

I have been trying to remember the name of all the school houses, but its been such a long time that I have forgotten them. But I can still remember the school motto, Honestus quan Manura, is that right?.

Honestas Quam Munera the literal Greek meaning Honor Before Honors. Frecheville school houses were Birley red, Hopefield green, Thornebridge yellow, Winfield blue. I was in Birley.

hiya my wife went to frechvill and lived next door to Colin and David Marchall on silkstone cresant here name then was Pat Halliday bye far now

Hi I am so old Silkstone Cresent was a Corn Field and we used to walk through the fields to Hackenthorpe Village (no Hackenthorpe, Barsgreen or Birley and I am only 61!!!)

gosh I am old!

i remember miss green she warmed my hand,i came of the crescent remember colin and dave also the marshals on the same road

my wife went to Frecheville between 1960 and 1964 she remembers Mr Furness (English) as being her favorite teacher Miss Green,Mr and Mrs Bennett.Mr Peters.Miss Davis,Mrs Boddy,and Mr Slater .She was in Wingfield house Her name was Kathleen Murray then

Hi, your wife didn't have a sister called Janet and Brother called Brian by

any chance and live on Basegreen. As Janet was in My class and we went to

her house to hear her brother practice with his 'band' we met up years later. He turned up at Marsh Lane school as the Headmaster!

as for Mr Furness!!! He was the reason I did not stay on at school, he had a very mean streak. Miss Green only died last year age 98. Miss Turner was my favourite and also my form teacher. I have some great memories of

Frecheville school.

I Remember Mr.furness As A Big Flirt! Miss Green Had The Mean Streak, I Was So Afraid Of Her! Mr. Slater Who Taught Us Science (he Was A Bit Scary But Very Smart) Mr. Curren Was Our Math Teacher, He Had Red Hair And Was A Short Man Who We Nick-named 'tich' Curren Since His Father Also Was At The School. My Name Was Janet Higgins Then And I Have A Twin Sister Who Wore Glasses Called Linds, We Left Sheffield In 1965 To Come To Canada. Visit Sheffield As Often As I Can...........always A Yorkshire Lass At Heart!