Panic buying Petrol

hehe I dare ya :evil::evil:

SF is the ideal place to start a rumour as the local papers always report what's been going on here anyway ;) I could go and chuck a few devil bangers around the local petrol stations juts to add to the effect :D

Aargh! The last time there was a fuel shortage I had a Ford Ka, which ran on petrol and had a tiny tank.

When I swapped it a year later I bought a diesel, having noticed that diesel didn't run out in the shortage. It also had a big tank and was very efficient, so you could drive 500 miles without filling up.

I sold that car two months ago, and bought another Ford Ka, because I mainly drive in the city now.

It, of course, runs on petrol and has a tiny tank, just like the other one!

On my way home I passed 4 petrol stations and things seemed ok round here, no signs of panic buying.

Maybe the media should stop constantly telling people not to panic buy, yet in the same report announce that the oil rigs are shutting down.

On my way home I passed 4 petrol stations and things seemed ok round here, no signs of panic buying.

Maybe the media should stop constantly telling people not to panic buy, yet in the same report announce that the oil rigs are shutting down.

The other thing they conveniently forget to mention in their reporting is this is in Scotland - but hey, why let the potential for causing mass panic stand in the way of a good story? ;)

heres a question,

What happens when the oil is totally remved from a well... is there just a huge cavity that has nothing in it or do they fill it with sea water or sand or something... if they just leave them I guess there could be a disaster waiting to happen or at the very least some amazingly huge caves...

They're so far below the surface, and so small in comparison, that there's no danger of them collapsing that I can think of. It wouldn't surprise me to find that seawater goes in to replace the oil coming out, though.

****ing selfish idiots

its the panic buying from selfish idiots that cause the problem.

surely a couple of days walking or catching a bus can be done....for most people?

the world wont stop turning

Ridiculous. If people didn't panic buy there would be no shortage whatsoever, but if they do then they will create one themselves! Idiots!

There may well be a shortage, but in Scotland, Cumbria, Northumberland and the extreme North of Yorkshire.

It would have a greater effect if instead of panic buying no one bought any petrol for a week. They would have to give it away or shut down more refineries.

As has been said on this post people are stupid.

I mean the people who do not really need it.

Hahaha..now there's a thought for the day..and one even Google cant find an answer to!

Thinking about it, what about the exhausted coal fields? Are we just living on top of a big ping pong ball?? hihi:

Hi ya boyfriday.. In answer to the coal fields Q.. A guy I used to work with who was a coal miner, told me that when a vein was depleted of coal they would collapse it... that was an answer to my question of what happens when all the coal mines collapse... lol How true it is I dont know but it makes sense to collapse them.. It doesnt answer the question of oil fields though... the earth could be full of oil and as it is let out like a slowly deflating football the seas will rise and slowly swallow the lands... hmm Im scared now... lol

ai just read up on a oil field that by 1975 estimates should be totally empty by now... it estimated there were 60 billion barrels of oil in this particular reserve in 1975.. they have been removing 5 million barrels a day 365 days a year since 1975... they should apparently if ya do the math be empty now... I do wonder how big a hole in the earth 60 billion barrels of oil would leave and if it collapsed surely it would make a tremendous wave... it does make ya think doesnt it..