Does anyone know what Myrtle Road is like to live on?

I wondered whether there would be many buy to lets on the development...it's a prime location to be fair. We move in to our house in August... keep driving up to viewpoint to see whether they've got any further with house. Bit daft really, given that all the exterior is practically finished!!

Hello everyone

I've just agreed to buy one of the camdens they're just about to start building, should be ready at the start of next year. I know the area reasonably well, but I was surprised to read through this thread at the amount of break ins and burglaries on the estate last year. Are these behind you now do you think? Does it feel a safer place to live?

Cheers!

The last break in was August last year.

All break ins to cars were [by the victims' own admittance] because they left valuables on display. It's ALWAYS been a safe place to live!!

Kids haven't been a problem since last summer now the novelty's worn off

Is there building work going on now on site? I keep seeing these big red and yellow TDE dump trucks hurtling down Myrtle Road with no regard for road safety, and then today we've just had a convoy of Kuehne + Nagle lorries bombing down here.

It's beginning to pee me off because the road is collapsing and it's not exactly safe for local children with wagons full of tonnes of muck coming down here like missiles.

Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone has had any work done by the builders/Wimpey since they've moved in? We've been in for a year now but looking to put up a fence in our garden along with a gate. Has anyone else approached them for a similar thing after moving in?

Cheers!

Hi Starbuck, I had some work done after I had moved in. I got the number off the wimpey foreman. The company that did all the fences and gates on the site is called Atkinsons. They did some work for me and they seemed pretty good and not a bad price. Let me know if you'd like the number or if not someone on site should be able to get it for you.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...