Does anyone know what Myrtle Road is like to live on?

theyre doing some of the work this week, replacing broken kerb stones and such. hopefully not long to wait now

Anyone know if Wimpey's are doing up the park / play area?

Anyone know if Wimpey's are doing up the park / play area?

There's no actual park that I'm aware of, just a grassed area behind us. I'd rather they didn't put a park there to be honest!

Quick warning too - be careful for sneak thieves at the moment. Across the road someone tried to get in through an open door (people in the house) and next door had his car stolen on Monday. To be fair, he left his keys in the outside of the house door, sadly as some thieving chav was walking past and took advantage. Be careful to keep doors and windows closed though.

On Sunday the 3rd at 1.30am i saw a group of 5 lads climbing over the fence into the back garden of a neighbours, they'd left a window open. luckily the police came quickly but couldnt manage to catch any of them. dont think anything was stolen but it seems most of the people who walk through the estate at night think its ok to try peoples car doors.

as for the road, it doesnt seem liked the block paved corners that were on the original plan are going to happen, looks like theyre going to tarmac all the way round

Hi, neighbours

Does anyone belong to 5 boys and 1 girl who play on the grass [in front of the flats facing Myrtle Road] from 6 - 9pm every night?

If so pleeeeeease can you ask them to play elsewhere from 7pm onwards? My little girl can't get to sleep cos of their loud game of football. Particularly noisy when the ball hits the window/balcony railings. And I can't hear myself think.

I have asked them to be quiet to no avail.

I presume they belong to someone. I know names and can describe them if you need clarification.

Thanks for your support in this matter.

have you moved them on? - theres the same number climbing the fences near the ball inn tonight!

i know the ginger boy lives in the second house to the right as you go up the stairs from myrtle rd. they like to play in the rd normally and everywhere but in their own gardens!!

That sounds like them :)

They were out front of mine about 1 ish this afternoon. I asked them if they could keep the noise down. They said yes then continued as before!

They haven't been here tonight but I can hear them down Ball Inn way!

I can see the attraction of the grass out the front of the flats/houses but isn't there a field at the back of the estate away from houses they could play on?

Am going to suggest to the management company that the green in front of the flats/houses on Myrtle Rd be a 'No Ball Games' place - convinced one of my windows is going to accidentally be put in by their football.

I'm sure they mean no harm but...

they played up by us on the grass by the flats until the police moved them on (although i think it might have been older kids) - a Private Property sign appeared the next day, assume Taylor Wimpey put it up..

Are you in the flats on Myrtle Rd or at the other side?

PS - Can anyone else hear chickens this morning? [!]

That sounds like them :)

Am going to suggest to the management company that the green in front of the flats/houses on Myrtle Rd be a 'No Ball Games' place - convinced one of my windows is going to accidentally be put in by their football.

I'm going to request the same because they're becoming a nuisance.

It's not just the noise and risk of broken windows, but they've been trampling over plants to get onto the grass and leaving litter all over.

If they don't live in the apartments they've got no right to be in that garden.

Look at your lease. It should state who (f anyone) has an easement over the grassed areas etc.