Euro 118 to the pound

its 120 at marks and spencer, you better off taking money with you and exchanging it abroad, thats what i will be doing later today

depends on where you get your money changed. HSBC in Malta is offering cash exchange at 78p - €1 and travellers cheques at 82p - €1

like someone else has said change your money when you get there plus if you want to make your money go a bit further drink and eat where the locals go:)

It’s a ploy to get the £ and € aligned so changing to the € is less of a problem.

Even if it were, the entire European governments put together don't have enough firepower to "make" this happen. We saw what happens when they tried, back in 1992 (93?) when we used to be in the precursor to the Euro, and got forced out of it.

I've just been in the Post Office and they quoted a euro exchange rate of 118 to pound. Its a hell of a drop from this time last year when it was 149 to the pound. At that rate you will have to take around 25% more spending money with you this summer.

Will this stop people holidaying in the Eurozone and do you think it will ever recover? I hope so.

Will this stop people holidaying in the Eurozone and do you think it will ever recover? I hope so.

i really hope so i go to spain in may and september and november

we who live abroad have been getting ripped off for long enough every time we come back to england so its about time we started to get some value for our euro :hihi:

its 120 at marks and spencer, you better off taking money with you and exchanging it abroad, thats what i will be doing later today

been to spain today got 1.24 at the change shop or 1.25 at fag shop, your post makes a lot of sense pity we cannot convince all the people that insist on using banks and ATMS. and getting completly rubbish rates. and of course the inevitable m&s cannot get my head round that one.

we who live abroad have been getting ripped off for long enough every time we come back to england so its about time we started to get some value for our euro :hihi:

by the time you have changed your euros into GBP AT THE ENGLISH BUY BACK RATE you are no better off they will only give you £1 for 1.38 euros so I think comparing to last year you are actually worse off

So glad I'm not going abroad for my holidays. Will just stay at home and soak up the sun here on this wonderful little Island.

Been absolutely gorgeous here for the past two days - no rain, just beautiful blue sky's and that wonderful yellow thing in the sky - think it's called the Sun!!??:):hihi::hihi:

Its not good, it has had a knock effect on my baccy.

If we'd joined the euro in 2001 we could be getting 162 to the pound. ;)

Yes the last time I was in in the UK it was 1.6, I did a bit of a tour round Europe and remember thinking then that prices in France and Germany had rises considerably since my last visit in 99.

by the time you have changed your euros into GBP AT THE ENGLISH BUY BACK RATE you are no better off they will only give you £1 for 1.38 euros so I think comparing to last year you are actually worse off

not at all Ricky I have been far better off these last three or four of months I suppose if you are just doing one or two trips it works out no better but if you are regularly going back and to thats when you feel the benefit