Recommendations for Italian Restaurants

p1tst0p

Hm... I'm tempted into trying that place now ! >.<

I'm into my italian food as well. Im my honest opinion, Nonnas *is* authentic as you get, by Sheffield's standards. (Or maybe it's their marketing that makes me believe so...) I've been to Milanos as well. Maybe it's an upmarket Italian restaurant ? It's definitely a 'fine-dining' place, and not the 'home-made authentic' type at all.

Am going on a monday night, 7-10 people, nowhere too expensive, needs to be easy to get to both in cars and on public transport, need decent veggie options. Thinking Vittorias or Santinos? Or are there any better suggestions??

• 3 weeks later...
Martinis is just excellente.

I agree - the duck was to die for!

We like to go to La Vida Loca on Hillsborough corner - always enjoy our meal there and in the week has a quiet and intimate feel. Nadia always makes us welcome! :thumbsup:

New Italian at West One is called Antibo - looks very nice - will be hopefully trying it out soon.

Ate at Iguanas on Sat night. Had a cracking seafood Paella, staff were very attentive & there was a good atmosphere there, so they come highly recommended!!

Went there on sunday evening for my sisters birthdat...was amazing

Now i'm not usually one for fancy meals (essp italian) because i tend not to like the food and leave most of it. But here it was amazing ate all three cources we had and tasted beautiful. Cooked properly and was quick service, however it was dead so i dont know what its like at busy periods.

Also a family fav is La Scarla at millhouses.

Is that the one opposite Yates on Division Street? If so/not, then I can recommend that one - very nice food. The reason I ask is because they also do amazing garlic/chilli pizza bread things for starters :D

i think you are on about SAN REMO? got to agree the food is supa and the staff so friendly theres also LA GONDOLA (my personal fav!) on carver st its really cosy, outstanding service and food, there "farfalle" is deeelicious...

K Pasa at top of West st.... Do you need to book? Was thinking of going on a Friday night, around half 7!

Thank you

<RANT>

Why do people keep thinking K Pasa is Italian? - also for that matter at least a 1/3 of the restuarants mentioned in this thread are not italian either, why why why???

</RANT>

<RANT>

Why do people keep thinking K Pasa is Italian? - also for that matter at least a 1/3 of the restuarants mentioned in this thread are not italian either, why why why???

</RANT>

I only want to know if I should book :rolleyes:

P.s. If its not italian, what is it?.... Anyway who cares, its nice isn't it!

Archived