Recommendations for Italian Restaurants

I am not entirely bothered about decor but what is the best most authentic Italian food in Sheffield?

Any suggestions gratefullt welcome.

thanks

Definitely... LA ROMANTICA, 78 london road, sheffield, S2 4LR

It has been open 27 years and caters for a wide range of people, eg children, veggies. A great all round dining experience. :)

My favourite is probably Rossi's.

nice food.can t stand the owners.are very rude ...and big mouth.

La Luna on Ecclesall Road (near the Banner Cross) is a really good Italian. Excellent food, superb staff and prices are more than reasonable. (Fillet Steak for around £12) BYO wine and they dont charge corkage. I take my better half there for special occasions and we never leave dissappointed!

:thumbsup:

Four of us went to Antibos on Friday night and the food was amazing. Fast service and really friendly staff. Will definetly be going again.

What do you think to La Gondola, thinking of going on Valentine's :love:

Its nice, the waiters were very flirty! but i think that was just because there was a group of slightly drunk females!

I havent been... However my best mate has (and she's an eye for detail like me)... and she reckons the food is lovely, but the decor, tables and chairs are all very old and mis-matched...

I like a restaurant that looks stunning... with lovely food to match... But I am a picky so and so, so if you aint that bothered and you'll be too busy drooling over ya fella, then by all means go! :D

haha cheers... ye its the "company" isn't it hehe.

He's booked it, so all sorted. Should be nice!

And he'll be paying... top night! :clap:

I have to agree with all the comments about Mamas and Leonis. I thought it had a really nice, cosy atmosphere, lovely food, and reasonable prices.

Has anyone tried Santinos on eccy road? I'm thinking of going soon.

Barberellas

London Road

Fantstic prawns

Great atmosphere

Nice choice of wine too

this closed down forever and a day ago!

Vito's in Walkley is by far the best Italian that I've been to in Sheffield. Really great pasta, and although I'm a veggie, the meat and fish looks great (they don't do pizza). Wine is good, although a bit expensive. It's always busy too which is a good sign.

Vitos on South Road in Walkley. They will make you a pizza by the way, but you have to ask. Excellent meat and fish, and, unusually for an Italian, a brilliant wine list.

Vito's in Walkley....nicest Italian I've been to in Sheffield

That is all

I agree. Im really picky about my italian (being from NY and growing up with friends who are the first generation born in the US and their parents & grandparents were born in mainly Sicily) so Im used to really great modernised italian... this place was the closest ive had since moving

I am really beginning to think Vitos is Sheffields best kept secret.

http://www.thebigmenu.co.uk/main.php?page=description&id=1158572211

alcarrettos at heeley bridge are lovely. its only a small place but thier garlic bread is second to none!!!!!!!

Anyone know what prices are like in Al Caretto?