Fine Fare Supermarket

Anyone remember the old Fine Fare Supermarket in Attercliffe around Mis 60'S?

Some of the staff who worked there will be intheir 70's or older now such as

Pat Scothern / Rita / Lynn / Susan and Mrs Mills, Pats daughter will be in her lates 40's callled Anita

• 2 weeks later...

I worked at Fine Fare in Firth Park in the late 60's. Rod Taylor took over as manager there when the very camp Roger Coker emigrated to Oz. Rod must have married around '68 as I remember going to his stag do at the Bowling Alley above the store. (we knew how to party !!:rolleyes:)

I recall working some daft hours at the attercliffe store during a reorganization after Fine Fare bought Carlines out.

Any old staff on here from Firth Park?

I used to sell them Brooke Bond Tea. The manager I remember was Rod Taylor, with Mrs Mills in the office. She later became manageress

Hi Thanks for the reply, my mum was a checkout operator during that time with colleagues called Pat, Lynn, Rita I remember going to the shop as a little girl

• 2 years later...

My mum was the first in the one on Heeley Bottom. She was given scissors to cut the ribbon, and Sammy Brook Bond the chimp was there, my mum let an almighty scream out and ran scaring the poor beast half to death, Imagine trying to bring a chimp amongst the public now