STARBUCKS RANT - Students doing their uni work in + businessmen and laptops

Well I would love to see how quickly you would tell your children to go and find a job to pay for their rent, instead of looking for handouts, and when they're juggling 10 hours of lectures, 20 hours of work, shattered slogging their guts out in a bar or coffee shop and having to get up to make their way, how you would look on them when they haven't got a penny to spare. Please, give students a break, your viewpoints are ridiculous, don't stereotype the many by the few, else we'd assume everyone not at uni is a boring, cantankerous old fart- you don't set the best example!

A) They don't even go to all their lectures and they don't even need to because they can just print of the slides!

b) I doubt they are spending that much time working on their course as they make out unless it's their final year! Funny how they still have time to go out and work several nights a week even though they are so "BUSY"

c) No one's forcing them to do readily available but rubbish paid jobs! Maybe if they bothered to research the job market before going rather than just thinking they can turn up and get a job to suit their lifestyle easy peasy then they deserve low wage jobs!

Easy to Slog your guts out when you know you are only gonna be in job for "months" not years! I've been a Student I know their mentality and lack of time management that's the reason they are "busy" not because they have such fulfilling and hectic lives!

My Children will work as soon as they are legally able to because they should learn the value of hard work not priveledge as early as possible so by the time if or when they decide they want to go to uni they will not be prepared! If they don't wanna work then they find themselves poor all the time, like adults who choose not to work do!

Cashback, you'll love this.

This morning at Starbucks I saw a woman feeding her kid with a banana she didn't even buy in Starbucks - and the kid had his own seat and I bet he was only two.

You would have exploded I reckon!

Being a Mother and being an inconsiderate A***hole are 2 different things entitrely. Don't be Daft!

People shouting on their mobile phones is deffinately more annoying than people trying to do something productive while enjoying a coffee.

Anyway if Carry from Sex and the City isn't an advert for laptops being used in Starbucks then I don't know what is! She used to spend whole afternoons in there in the last dieing minutes before her deadline.

People shouting on their mobile phones is deffinately more annoying than people trying to do something productive while enjoying a coffee.

Anyway if Carry from Sex and the City isn't an advert for laptops being used in Starbucks then I don't know what is! She used to spend whole afternoons in there in the last dieing minutes before her deadline.

How do you know it's 'productive' unless you are spying on them from behind. Even if it is 'Productive' why do they need to take up limited space when they have their own space already

Don't even get me started on Mobile Phones, or Silly Neurotic Girlie Nonsense! I wish I could be paid loads to sit and write pap all day like she does!

How do you know it's 'productive' unless you are spying on them from behind. Even if it is 'Productive' why do they need to take up limited space when they have their own space already

Don't even get me started on Mobile Phones, or Silly Neurotic Girlie Nonsense! I wish I could be paid loads to sit and write pap all day like she does!

How do you know it's not, and why do you assume that you're more entitled to the space than they are?

Being a Mother and being an inconsiderate A***hole are 2 different things entitrely. Don't be Daft!

But she was using space someone else could have sat at - honestly you would have hated it!

She was at a table for four, just her and the kid - who could have sat on her knee or in a pram or something - and she only had one coffee.

I thought of you straight away - face all puce and steam coming out of your ears.

But she was using space someone else could have sat at - honestly you would have hated it!

She was at a table for four, just her and the kid - who could have sat on her knee or in a pram or something - and she only had one coffee.

I thought of you straight away - face all puce and steam coming out of your ears.

Stop winding cashback up it doesn't take much on this particular subject!:hihi:

Stop winding cashback up it doesn't take much on this particular subject!:hihi:

I'm not - it really happened!

Thinking about it more, she had a pram too, and that was blocking off one of the chairs at another table for four.

I think Cashback would have spontaneously combusted.

It's a case of, "look at me" i'm a very important business person.

I take it you aren't a "business person". As someone who travels a lot, and has meetings in coffee shops, and has got laptop out when in said shops, I can tell you that not all are like that.

It's sometimes little more than embarassing, as you try to discreetly do a bit of work, and you do get the odd person staring, no doubt trying to figure out what you are doing, or maybe thinking "look at that person thinking they are all important".:rolleyes:

The origional thread was about students and businessmen/or women using up seats long after finsihing their drink, especially at busy times when other people can't get a seat after purchasing their drink.

Surely consideration is needed, do you really need to update the spreadsheet/send and email/look at Big Jugs Monthly.com/ do your homework when others can't get a seat.

Also, lets refrain from turning this thread into a childish name calling thread, we are adults

I work at Starbucks , and would like to settle this!! Everyone is welcome, as long as they treat the others around them in a respectfull manner.

If you want to come in and do uni work, as long as you buy a drink thats fine, if you want to use your laptop, either for wifi or work, as long as you buy something thats fine too.

Groups of kids messing about, and ppl not buying anything will be asked to leave.

Tables are and always will be first come basis, if someone is at a table alone with 4 seats ask if you can have a spare seat!

Its true that in afternoons the stores get very busy and it can be hard to find a table, but thats why they are opening a new store in 2 weeks time.

You all need to respect each other, regardless of background, each person uses and enjoys the stores in there own way.

Now come on Sheffield, working together makes it a much happier place.

END RANT........