Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

Ignore them and they will go away

Whilst it's tempting to ignore it, somehow it feels wrong to do that doesn't it!? Rules are rules after all....

fine.

its not a fine, its an invoice. and as such is not enforcable.

Whilst it's tempting to ignore it, somehow it feels wrong to do that doesn't it!? Rules are rules after all....

if i put a sign on an enterance to a car park stating this is a car park for blue cars only and put a warning of a fines for any different coloured cars.

i then went round putting invoices on the "not blue" cars saying "you are in breatch of of the car park rules" wanting £100 each in 28 days

say i issued 100 tickets a day and maybe i could fool 1 in 10 car drivers to pay up just thru sending them letters.......

thats £1000 a day! £365,000 a year!

the sooner people stop paying these vultchers the sooner they will disapeer.

What are you supposed to do if you're watching a film that's longer than 3 hours?

You have a lot to learn about this parking scam.

Its a scam invoice...

If your a fool that is easily parted from his money then please give me your address so i cam take some of you!!!

What are you supposed to do if you're watching a film that's longer than 3 hours?

Nothing. Zilch. Zero.

Enjoy the film.

infact there was case where one of the cases actually did make it to court. same guy didnt pay at a pay and display carpark twice and got an "invoice" both times.

by the time of the court case the parking control company were wanting £500 as that was how much it had got to thru lateness of payment etc.

the judge actually sided with the parking company but said guy had been hassled and bullied by the company thru the mail and phone calls the judge decided the invoice was excessive and unfair, insted of the fine the judge ordered the guy to pay the original ticket cost that he should have paid for a pay and display ticket for the length of time he was parked in the car park (total of around £12) plus £25 court costs!

This happened to my mate in sheffield but it was an actual council enforced fine on the street. They were asking for several hundred quid but the magistrate made him pay the original £26 fine and told them to go away. The local authority have people (actual employees) who demand fines in a menacing manner, but they go way too far with their demands and know little about the law.

If it is a parking fine company on private land they are no better than a nigerian email from an ahem.. "prince".

Only when the rules are made by someone who has any authority to make rules. If I put a sign up in a car park that said you had to carry a sheep in your back seat would you buy a sheep so you could get your car back, or just laugh at me, because I was making ridiculous demands that I had no authority to make ?

Bring a cushion.

These demands for parking charges (I deliberately haven't put 'fines') play on our moral standards where we accept punishment for doing something wrong. If these charges are non enforceable why are they allowed to keep sending them out? I've told my son about this thread and the comments people are making advising him to ignore it but understandably he's apprehensive that the charges will go up and will escalate to hundreds of pounds. I can see why this company are making so much money!

Park in Centertainments carpark as that is where the cinema is.

Just don't block the walkways and dropped kerbs - which is when you should really get your car towed not ticketed.