Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

I used to work at the retail park in 2008 and the signs wad there then, staff of the Shia on the retail park have to register there car details with the parking company to avoid fines whilst at work.

As for centertainment they was recently slapping fines on cars for parking wrong when harry potter came out, we saw at least 40 tickets walking back to our car.

my partner had one of these! he wasnt driving (me? no! :suspect: ) and so we ignored it. had a couple of letteres since but nothing for a while.

but they need to to think about the shops they have there, 3 hours is not an excessive amount of time. toys r us with the kids, almost an hour, then buying paint from homebase, looking round b&m, quick look at carpets, bit of shopping from aldi, then let the kids have mcdonalds.

the whole thing needs scrapping and they need to find another way to sort the problem out. id rather pay a couple quid every time and not have to worry. then again, id rather avoid the place from now on and buy things online from toys r us.

I know there are lots of threads about this subject but I just wanted some up to date information please.....

This morning my son received a 'contractual parking charge notice' for parking too long at Meadowhall Retail Park. The charge is for £50 but 'a reduced amount of £25 will be accepted' if he pays within 14 days. This is the first ticket he's had (and I'm sure he's learnt from this!) but all the previous threads on this subject suggest that this fine isn't enforceable and if he ignores it the fine will go away. Is that still correct?

Thanks a lot

I know there are lots of threads about this subject but I just wanted some up to date information please.....

This morning my son received a 'contractual parking charge notice' for parking too long at Meadowhall Retail Park. The charge is for £50 but 'a reduced amount of £25 will be accepted' if he pays within 14 days. This is the first ticket he's had (and I'm sure he's learnt from this!) but all the previous threads on this subject suggest that this fine isn't enforceable and if he ignores it the fine will go away. Is that still correct?

Thanks a lot

Bin it, it's not enforceable!

Ignore it but remind your son to actually bother to read the signs in future, they're fairly noticable.

It's not a fine. When will people get this into their heads!!!!.

It's like hitting your head against a brick wall sometimes

and do not converse with them in anyway, it just prolongs the agony.

Ignore them and all their subsequent paperwork - which will go to the registered keeper, and save the paperwork just in case. It won't have used the word fine or penalty anywhere - even if it looks as if it does.

Is your son the registered keeper?

just ignore it, its an invoice for over staying in a free car park. being that its a free car park, they would have a very hard time proving to a judge exactly how theyve lost money thru you overstaying, ie stopping another paying person from using the space!!

it would never stand up in court and they know it so they'll just kepp sending you letters till they move on to another person that might be more stupid and gullible.

i got one in september. got a few letters etc.

then got a letter from some bogus soliciter about an intention to take me to court cus i now owed the parking enforcment company £208 and a random amount of pence. this was just a day or 2 before christmas. so far this year ive not heard a peep.......... so aslong as you dont make any contact they give up quicker!

Thanks for the replies. He is the registered keeper and this is his first fine. He knows now that he can't park for longer than 3 hours at meadowhall retail park and to check for signs when he does park his car. His defence though was that he thought he'd be ok because he parked there when the shops were closed (he went to the pictures).

infact there was case where one of the cases actually did make it to court. same guy didnt pay at a pay and display carpark twice and got an "invoice" both times.

by the time of the court case the parking control company were wanting £500 as that was how much it had got to thru lateness of payment etc.

the judge actually sided with the parking company but said guy had been hassled and bullied by the company thru the mail and phone calls the judge decided the invoice was excessive and unfair, insted of the fine the judge ordered the guy to pay the original ticket cost that he should have paid for a pay and display ticket for the length of time he was parked in the car park (total of around £12) plus £25 court costs!