Underage Drinking!

They should make more of a penalty for trying to but alcohol underage, I know the signs say £1000 penalty for buying or attempting to buy, but is this ever enforced? Its seems to be more about penalising the people who are selling it. Surely a fine or some other punishment would put underage drinkers off more?

Knowing what has happened to some of the shopkeepers in the past why should they run the risk of reprisals?

It is probably the same kids from the same families outside these shops night after night. You can't blame the shopkeepers from serving people underage at times.

Yes they should, but its people like jumping in spouting off prior to reading the facts that send the authorities on a wild goose chase.

Ok so I miss-read the original post, I can't see how that would have sent the authorities anywhere. Care to explain?

i was talking to my friend over the internet the other day when she said shed been out drinking, shes just 16 (but doesnt look it) when i asked her where she got it from she replied oh i can get served!! she can get served anywhere with the one shop asking she tells them shes 18 so they give it her :o this is in doncaster!

was with my friend in morrisons who is nearly 19 who had her car keys in her hand while sorting out her money, she handed over her driving license a supervisor was then called to recheck check for signs of being fake!! i mean she looks older than what she is and at 18 she expects to get id'd just using it in comparison with my other friend from doncaster!

Ok so I miss-read the original post, I can't see how that would have sent the authorities anywhere. Care to explain?

Your previous post

"If the loads of people reported the co-op for selling alcohol to under teens then maybe something might get done about it."

Your previous post

"If the loads of people reported the co-op for selling alcohol to under teens then maybe something might get done about it."

You miss-understood me. What I meant was that if everyone who saw shops selling alcohol to underage people reported them something might get done. Sorry if that wasn't clear in the first place.

I am all for that, but please ensure the stores reported are reported with factual evidence not hearsay.

I am sorry to say that the only answer is "no ID, no alcohol" no matter what age. targeting the drinkers not the poor sales assistant who will be easily intimidated by gangs of youths.

Neither are you. Whats yours?

I don't think there's a problem above and beyond what has been going on for generations. It's a media invention.

Now what's your solution?

I have reported it anyway and have been told they will conduct tests in the area :gag:

Can't remember the amount of times when i was 15 sitting on a park bench drinking some nasty 20/20 or chunderbird.:hihi: Thing is most of us just had a laff, abit of mischief nothing serious.

Some of the youth today however are plain evil after a skinful intimidating anyone they come across etc etc. This is the problem.:gag:

Who hasn't bought alcohol underage from a dodgy shop somewhere when you were 15.

it was part of my youth and probably yours and there is nothing people can do to stop it.

Saying that, I do find drunken youth intimidating, but i think most of the time they do it cos they're bored and want a bit of fun, and like I said we all did it when we were their age, its just that now we're old farts we protest about it!

Having said that i'm only 23 so not as old as some of you!!

At least the lads were going to enjoy them selves and showing more brain power that going to see a United match:loopy:

Well I think you have used up the remaining Brain Cells you had posting that Rubbish.:roll: