What are School Trends like as an Employer?

has anybody ever worked there- a friend is looking at and wondered what they're like

thanks

Oh my god, don't do it!

Depends what job really, I started as a temp and became permanant in the warehouse depts. For one, the interviewing process is so americanised and ridiculous, it was slightly simpler going from temp to perm but anyone who goes in from the outside has the most long, drawn out and stupid interview ever. All to pack jumpers. They are constantly assessing your attitude etc, and in the warehouse part although I made good mates a lot of them are like any other gossipy factory women. Also one rule for one and one rule for another. If your face fits, you'll be fine. Not all bad, met nice people I still know, but glad I got out.

Which dept/job is it?

dunno - phones i think - i'll ask him - thanks for the response - i'll pass it on

I also had a ridiculous Interview with School Trends. Ive just recently moved to Sheffield

and was a Supervisor In my Last employment For a Huge company. School Trends were advertising for a Supervisor in there warehouse, So I put in a application form, There was no interview as such to see what experiance i had or Training process that I had acchieved. No CV was asked. My Interview was a phone Call. ( Never heard Anything Like it In my life) So Guess I was lucky I didnt get the job as Thats not a company that I would want to work for.

I also had a ridiculous Interview with School Trends. Ive just recently moved to Sheffield

and was a Supervisor In my Last employment For a Huge company. School Trends were advertising for a Supervisor in there warehouse, So I put in a application form, There was no interview as such to see what experiance i had or Training process that I had acchieved. No CV was asked. My Interview was a phone Call. ( Never heard Anything Like it In my life) So Guess I was lucky I didnt get the job as Thats not a company that I would want to work for.

That would have been the first stage...after that there are two more interviews, which last about 1 1/2 hours each. Looks like they didnt think you were suitable after the phonecall.

That would have been the first stage...after that there are two more interviews, which last about 1 1/2 hours each. Looks like they didnt think you were suitable after the phonecall.

Lucky her!

I also had the miss fortune to get involved with some School Trends recruitment. I managed to get hold of an application form which asked all sorts of personal information such as age, religion etc – I couldn’t understand how it complied with current discrimination legislation and neither could the Job Centre I discussed them with. They advertised all over the place with lots of agencies and those who opened up, didn’t trust them at all. They were very rude and abrupt when declining applicants which was embarrassing for everyone. To me they were unprofessional and amateurish with poor morals despite professing to have high ethical principals particularly in employment. Without doubt they were a group of old fashioned odd balls and despite everyone’s effort it was a complete time waste for all concerned. They tried the same way a little later on but fortunately I spotted them and didn’t bother. My advice - AVIOD – there are much better companies than this, even in these trying times.

It always make me laugh that nasty negative comments come from people that don't work somewhere anymore (and you have to ask why??) or those who didn't get through the recruitment process!! Sour Grapes are ugly fruit!!

I've recently just gone through their recruitment for a phone job, and the application DID NOT ask my age, nor my religon or any question that was inappropriate under any laws!! I had excellent communication from the HR team throughout, especially Suzie, who was great! Yes it's a long process but if you read up on the company and the fact they're employee owned, you SHOULD understand why, it's not just a job!! I've never felt so welcome for an interview, and again when I got to second interview - everyone was lovely and said hi to me as I was shown round the building.. I unfortunatly did't get the job, but received a call explaining why and giving me respectful feedback, I would happily and whole heartedly recommend School Trends to anyone who asked me!!

Most of the people I spoke to on my way round the buildiing had been with the company years, if it really was that bad, they wouldn't have stayed!!!! Grow up people, bitterness is soul destroying!!!

It's nice to see someome taking the time to say something positive about a company.

I tend to agree, that when someone asks about an employer on the forum, you tend to get negative comments because those individuals have, clearly, had a bad experience; their emotions are running high so feel more motivated to vent their anger...that doesn't mean they are not grown up though (but I do agree that bitterness is very counter productive:))

I take no notice of anyone whose first post gives an opinion, whether it is good or bad. You do see a lot of it, but some folk are maybe misinformed. You can ask someone's religion though the form is usually sepearte to the application document and is used to make sure that they can see who they are employing and ensure they are being an equal opps employer and they state this on the form.