Any South Indian and Sri Lankan restaurants in Sheffield?

ttnim

I was passing and picked up a takeaway menu. It's more of a snack bar than a restaurant only having one table and weirdly it doubles as a fish and chip shop with heated glass paneled counter and deep fryer.

Bizarre!

The menu looks like genuine south Indian food with Idli, Dosa etc and the prices look dirt cheap. They also do mushy peas and gravy so you could have you Masala Vadai with a dollop of peas and smothered in gravy for that true multicultural experience.

Yeah, vegetarian food is good - dosa,puri,idli. The vada wasnt cooked well and chicken curry was soaked in elaichi.But again the dosa was different on two different occasions, guess they will need a while for the taste to be consistant, maybe they have too many cooks.In any case, if you go between 5pm to 8pm, be prepared to wait for an hour minimum.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The restaurant is called East and West - I've just googled it as am planning to take my (South Indian!) parents there for dinner when they come to Sheffield next Fri. Hope it is good and authentic enough to pass muster!

I would warn you that - although i'm sure the food is great - "restaurant" might be pushing it - it does look like a chip shop

What's this restaurant called? Any more comments about it now it's been open a while?

====================================================

It is called East&West. The food is awesome, proper authentic food as you would get in south india.