Diabetes & itching

I know there are a few diabetics on here,so I would like to ask if any of you have suffered from a constant itching that doesn't seem to want to go away.I've had this now for the past 3 weeks,been on antihistimenes(sp),fucibert cream & have now just finished a course of antibiotics.The itching seems to be every where I touch with some spots/redness on my back/shoulders & some of the same on the sides of my stomach.I'm beginning to think now that it is related to my diabetes(T2),blood sugar levels or to the new medicine that I started on approx 6 weeks ago.Came off Metformin & am now on Gliclazide & Pioglitazone.Can't get to see my Diabetic doctor till a week on Wednesday so was thinking of going to a Lloyds chemist to get my blood sugar levels checked

Help please:help:

I'm a type one diabetic myself so can't help with medication etc, but I've never had anything like related to diabetes.

I'd ring the diabetic clinic up, then talk to one of the nurses instead of waiting to see the doctor. If you're with the Hallamshire speak to Lesley, she was excellent when I needed help quickly, saw me the next day.

I'm a type one diabetic myself so can't help with medication etc, but I've never had anything like related to diabetes.

I'd ring the diabetic clinic up, then talk to one of the nurses instead of waiting to see the doctor. If you're with the Hallamshire speak to Lesley, she was excellent when I needed help quickly, saw me the next day.

Thanks for that advice.Do you know if they can usually see you quite soon ?(daft question I know but would like to see someone before Wednesday)

Thanks for that advice.Do you know if they can usually see you quite soon ?(daft question I know but would like to see someone before Wednesday)

Tarquin, I would also ring the diabetic clinic up at the Hallamshire.You cannot wait till Wednesday.

Tarquin, I would also ring the diabetic clinic up at the Hallamshire.You cannot wait till Wednesday.

I will give them a ring tomorrow Patty.I seem to have a "good" day where it has calmed down a bit & then the next day back to square one.Starting to pee me off now after having a bad case of flu over the Chrimbo period.

Please nurses don't shoot me for saying this... but they normally have a schedule that is more open to being interupted. I can only speak from my own experiance but they saw me very quickly when it wasn't an urgent problem. Ring the diabetic clinic you're registered with and ask to speak to one of the nurses, if they're not there they will ring you back. They might not be able to help, but it might save you waiting for another week needlessly.

Two points.

I had this problem many years ago and it turned out I was mildly allergic to a new washing powder my mother had started to use.

I thought the Hallamshire as well as having regular diabetic clinic also operated a drop in centre for diabetics with several nursing staff to help people and answer queries.

Two points.

I had this problem many years ago and it turned out I was mildly allergic to a new washing powder my mother had started to use.

I thought the Hallamshire as well as having regular diabetic clinic also operated a drop in centre for diabetics with several nursing staff to help people and answer queries.

Checked with the wife a couple of weeks ago,but we have not changed washing powder or conditioner.

I worry about Tarquin as i know he has been trying to cope with this itching for a while. Even if he is seen in the diabetic clinic, and they say it is nothing to do with his diabetes,it is one less worry crossed off his list. If it isnt anything to do with diabetes,then he could be allergic to something.

I worry about Tarquin as i know he has been trying to cope with this itching for a while. Even if he is seen in the diabetic clinic, and they say it is nothing to do with his diabetes,it is one less worry crossed off his list. If it isnt anything to do with diabetes,then he could be allergic to something.

Thanks for your concern Patty;I'm just sick of feeling ill & run down all the time.Getting fed up with it all now.Just seems one thing after the other.

Thanks for your concern Patty;I'm just sick of feeling ill & run down all the time.Getting fed up with it all now.Just seems one thing after the other.

You do need to get to the bottom of this. Im sure if you can get to the diabetic clinic they will advise you one way or another, even if its in another direction. May I ask if you have had any blood tests taken yet ?

You do need to get to the bottom of this. Im sure if you can get to the diabetic clinic they will advise you one way or another, even if its in another direction. May I ask if you have had any blood tests taken yet ?

When I went to the Docs the second time he asked if I'd had a blood test for this,I said no & then he just said to persevere with the antihistimines & lotion.I'm thinking its the medication of Gliclazide as they can give you a skin reaction,sore throat & the Brad Pitts;all of which I 've got.Self diagnosis:huh: