Niagara therapy.

Hi - well I may add that Niagara Therapy does work and there is various clinical evidence to suggest as such.

The Cycloid Vibration therapy that they offer is Certified by the MHRA - Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency - which is an executive agency of the Department of Health set up to safeguard users of medicines and medical equipment from risk ... by making sure that medicines and medical products are effective and are safe.

So the manufacturers claims are backed up by clinical data.

I use the therapy myself and know others who do so, with good results. It can vary from person to person - of course, like anything I guess - and does what it says on the tin.

When it comes to cost - that is a very personal thing ... i.e. what one says is expensive, another may consider vital and so the cost is immaterial. What price do you put on your pain/comfort and mobility .... it's a tough one to answer unless you are faced with such a decision to make about your own health and/or bank balance

Hmmmmm. Nothing suspicious about this post. Nothing at all.....;)

It's good that anyone would be suspicious! Without such suspicion then no-one would take the time to investigate such things and anyone could claim anything they want about any product I suppose.

People on here were asking questions and no-one with actual knowledge about the product had posted, so I thought I would add to the discussion from that angle.

Although it's not available on the NHS per se .... there are hospitals and physio clinics using Cycloid Vibration to treat both people and also animals (horses and dogs/greyhounds) ....

Give over BigAir. Your first post comes straight out of the saleman's manual:

"What price do you put on your pain/comfort and mobility .... it's a tough one to answer unless you are faced with such a decision to make about your own health and/or bank balance"

I had to swallow back a little bit of sick on reading the above. What do you take us for?:loopy:

shortcrust .... :help:

The original post asked for experience and I do have that, so hence offered the information. Yes, it was taken from a leaflet about the medical certification that the therapy has .... and because moonbird requested to know something about Niagara, I provided it.

If you do not have direct experience, then what is your comment worth? Anyone with no information can pass judgement with no facts behind them :rant: !!

Clearly you have never had any form of mobility issue. I have .... and if anyone were to offer me a solution to regain some of that lost mobility I would bite their hand off for it, on the assumption that they could show me it worked for me.

How much would you give up the use of a limb for?? £10,000 ... £20,000 .... £1m ...... having had to do so, I can suggest that there is actually no upper limit, so if spending an affordable amount can regain some mobility it is worth it.:thumbsup:

Give over BigAir. Your first post comes straight out of the saleman's manual:

"What price do you put on your pain/comfort and mobility .... it's a tough one to answer unless you are faced with such a decision to make about your own health and/or bank balance"

I had to swallow back a little bit of sick on reading the above. What do you take us for?:loopy:

I have to agree with you - it is sickening

shortcrust .... :help:

The original post asked for experience and I do have that, so hence offered the information......

Yeah, they asked 3 years ago. You didn't stumble over the thread, you searched for it. Then you opened a new account and posted a sales pitch.

Like I said, what do you take us for?:loopy:

I take you for a rude cynic.

I've got nothing personal to gain from any comment on this site.

I didn't actually realise it was an old post .... sue me for not being so detailed in noticing the date ... my mistake

Yes I searched for the topic, only having relatively recently been introduced to it myself ... but unlike some .... i.e. YOU ..... who will pass judgement without any research, I decided to look in to their claims and gain further information of a factual nature. Having come across this, I believed I was helping someone who wanted info, by providing some from my own findings.

Anyway - I said my bit and this is turning in to the typical forum bull of side-swiping and throwing insults whilst hiding behind the safety of a distant keyboard. I shall leave you to your opinion ... you are welcome to it.

I wish you all the best with your own company.

I found this old thread whilst googling this company. My 82 year old Dad told me he had this guy coming to see him today, regarding improving his circulation. OK Dad, dont sign anything -dont commit!! Reply -do you think I am daft??

So he had a session with a massage thing on his back and legs etc. Basic cost -3K !!!!

Mmm he says -good but need to discuss it with my daughter who is a nurse!!

Good on you Dad

Guy disappeared

evidence base is very very weak -21 cases? Company has been reprimanded for their "claims".

Enough Said - they are still around preying on the vulnerable -Beware!:loopy:

I posted this to keep people informed

Could you please show us exactly what it is that they use that is licensed by the MHRA?

I take you for a rude cynic.

I've got nothing personal to gain from any comment on this site.

I didn't actually realise it was an old post .... sue me for not being so detailed in noticing the date ... my mistake

Yes I searched for the topic, only having relatively recently been introduced to it myself ... but unlike some .... i.e. YOU ..... who will pass judgement without any research, I decided to look in to their claims and gain further information of a factual nature. Having come across this, I believed I was helping someone who wanted info, by providing some from my own findings.

Anyway - I said my bit and this is turning in to the typical forum bull of side-swiping and throwing insults whilst hiding behind the safety of a distant keyboard. I shall leave you to your opinion ... you are welcome to it.

I wish you all the best with your own company.

My Father-in-law (86 years old and suffering from a terminal brain tumour) was sold a chair by Niagara in December 2014 that he neither wants nor needs for £3,770. The contract that he was asked to sign does not comply with current consumer legislation in that it does not give proper notice of cancellation rights and is, therefore, technically unenforceable. However, the Niagara Rep took a cheque for the full amount before he left so there's not much chance of getting that back.

I've written to the company asking for a refund and pointing out that failing to provided cancellation rights is a criminal offence but what chance they will reply?

A company search shows that the company has a value of minus £1m but, amazingly (!) a parent company with lots of (protected) money.

I will sue, just to make their life bit more uncomfortable.

I'm really sorry for those that have had a problem, my Mum never bought anything or handed over any money I rang them and told them that she wasn't interested and not to call or contact her again, they couldn't as it happened as she had to move into a flat shortly afterwards.

Sue away...To prey on the vulnerable is the lowest of the low, please let us know how you get on with them and good luck.