Get rid of mouth ulcers?

maybe you should try changing toothpaste metamorphia. see post #22

Metamorphia...:hihi:

Have read #22 and taken note. Thank you :)

lol, hey its late. metamorphia sounds better anyway! hehe

Load up on the amino acid L-Lysine, and take 1 gram a day till the ulcers clear up. Then 500mg every 2/3 days to makethe ulcers just a 'fond' memory.Also recommended for skin and lip health ie cold sores (herpes)

just realised the OP had these mouth ulcers in 2005!! hopefully they're gone now lol

I am a 43 years old. For the past six months I had a tongue ulcer. It would disappear for a few days and come back for over a month at a time. I decided to do a body cleanse. One of the things I also did was to avoid all foods containing "monosodium glutamate, sucralose, and aspartame". After two weeks on the cleanse and being aware of not ingesting these ingredients, my tongue ulcer has gone away. For a week and a half now I've been free of that annoying burn on my tongue. Its completely normal and I've never been happier. I recommend people try this to rid themselves of tongue ulcers and stomach pain, it worked for me.

i tend to get outbreaks of ulcers if i use the wrong toothpaste, Colgate is evil stuff!!!

Anbesol is good for ulcers generally, dab it on til you can stand the pain no longer, they are usually gone in 24 hours, however having them at the back of your mouth does make that difficult, but remember it for the normal ones.

I agree, Anbasol is very good .. it also has a local anasthetic in it so you get the relief of it going numb for a short while.

Hi

My understanding is that ulcers are a symptom of many things. Therefore a common cure is not going to cut it. Viruses can cause ulcers and may eventually lead to cancer.(HPV is an example). Some viruses can hide in your system and therefore only become a problem when your defenses are low. Such as in times of stress etc. The virus can be spread via kissing. I remember giving my girlfriend ulcers when I was 18. Sorry.

The virus is spread by contact with infected tissue which comes off the ulcer ie the white stuff.

Salt water kills bacteria by a process of osmosis. I use this to when I get tooth ache. But if I use it too much it causes ulcers to appear for me as it runs my system down. This can be quite a juggling act.

I find vegimite / marmite / yeats extract helps. I get a spoon of the stuff and hold it on the site of the ulcer and this clears it up. No idea why. Your mileage may variry. I was told this by my wife.

My herb book says Fennel seed infusionis a good mouthwash

Other things you might try are Eucalyptus oil, Lavender, lemon balm or tea tree

But I have never tried them.

All disclaimers. This post is for study purposes only and should be used as the start point of investigation. I am not a doctor. Use info at own risk.

Good luck

By far the best treatment (and relief!) for mouth ulcers is Adcortyl in Orabase. I have used this for years and recommended it to lots of people and everyone has agreed that it is amazing.

There's only one problem, the manufacturer has recently discontinued production for "commercial reasons" so it is no longer available either on prescription (the 10g size) or over the counter (the 5g size).

This product is so good that it is almost a crime to withdraw it - so I am asking everyone who has used, or would use Adcortyl to contact the manufacturer by email, telephone or snail mail to ask them to bring it back. I have written and emailed them myself but the power is in numbers, the more of us that contact them the more likely they are to bring Adcortyl back.

Please write or email them - and spread the word as far and wide as you can!

The contact details are:

E R Squibb & Sons Limited

Uxbridge Business Park

Sanderson Road

Uxbridge

Middlesex UB8 1DH

Phone: +44 (0)1895 523 000

Fax: +44 (0)1895 523 010

Medical Information direct line: +44 (0)1895 523 740

Medical Information facsimile: +44 (0)1895 523 677

Medical Information e-mail: [email protected]

I disagree. I've suffered from mouth ulcers all my life (50 years) and Adcortyl is no better than anything else.

By far the best thing is a salt water rinse - it hurts like hell when you do it but it dries them up quickly.

try bicarb vinegar water salt and toothpaste prevents and kills I applied it to me 2days ago and there gone also make salt water solution first and make sure there is next to no vinegar

other wise you could make a mess but it works as a good wash also if you use a dry wine that works too :) & its painful for 1 min

Whats wrong with swallowing salt water, apart from the foul taste of course?

We eat salt, we drink water - after all its only a combination of the two.

it weakens acid salt due to sodium being an akiline metal and chlorine being poison so it will kill you but dont worry its an iportant part of a good dite and most veg is poison