Internet Cafes in City Centre

Does anyone know where there is an internet cafe I can use in the centre of town?

There is 1 near Nursery St,go to end of the market going towards the Wicker,cross the main rd & it's in the next row of shops,a carpet shop on the right hand side then the Internet Cafe on the corner

opposite Nursery Street.

Central Library?

Quite right - all you need is your library card, you just need to book an hour or so in advance and turn up with your card. You get a log on and password (though you have to wait for these to become "live" - they give you a temporary one for starters) and can get started straight away.

I've now been in SE Asia for three months and using cyber cafes every day - they're everywhere here (posting this from a cafe in Jagna, Bohol, Philippines - but as of early October :

that Rockingham Street one has now closed down - a shame, because its one of the very few, if not the only one in Sheffield, that had webcams - though they didn't work properly in any case.

The Forum has 3 terminals in the I think its called the Blue Room. It's very dark there, and very hard to type properly. Also its one of those set ups where for whatever reason you cannot copy&paste.

there's a small internet cafe on the same side of the street as Barclays Bank, a little way towards City Hall, on West Street. Four or five terminals there.

the Wicker Net place on, hmm I forget . . oh wait . . .

oh, yes, the Wicker, closed down after the floods. A little way up the street on Spital Hill, left hand side as you're going up, there's a cyber cafe of some sort I used to drive past but never been in there so I can't say what its like.

all Sheffield Libraries have internet facilities, not just Central. You hardly ever have to book in advance in most of them, but just turn up. Even if they're busy you only have to wait half an hour always. They used to block more innocuous sites than Saudi Arabia, but they've semed to have relaxed their absurd censorship in recent months.

there must be others.

There are a couple of internet cafes up toward the "Varsity" end of West Street, which is only a hop, skip and a jump from The Moor area.

(I think there's also one on wetfield terrace, but since Costain have been digging up all round that area, I haven't been on WT in ages.)

That one on WT hasn't been there for years dear, it's a printing shop now.