The Casbah - is it worth going there?

Cutler is quite nice, pleasantly surprised last time i went.

Drinks seemed to change price every 5 minutes thoug, first round was before 2 for 1 started and two pints and a bottle of corona came to £3.90... and impossible combination according to the menu. then the pints went up at 2 for 1 time???? hmmm..... still cheap though

So it's above where the sportman is somewhere.

And it's a rock bar. What kind of rock music does it play?

its next to wetherspoons at bottom of division street

not sure about the sportsma, there is a localtype pub next to it but i thought that the sportsman was further down on way to leadmill / centre for pop music.

I wouldnt describe it as a rock bar though

Originally posted by Hubert

its next to wetherspoons at bottom of division street

not sure about the sportsma, there is a localtype pub next to it but i thought that the sportsman was further down on way to leadmill / centre for pop music.

I wouldnt describe it as a rock bar though

The local pub is the Sportsman, was a rough and ready rock bar at weekends for decades, but not quite so good recently.

Oh I was assuming that it was a rock bar as it was in the Casbah thread and that is supposed to be a rock bar.

Sportsman is classed as a rock bar and is generally quite good. Its usually full of regulars however things are a bit up in the air at the moment as the brewery have sold the lease so folks don't know what the new owners are going to do with it. Some say it will change into yet another townie joint others say the rumour is it will stay the way it is with current staff and landlord (who are all great). It would be a great shame to see it go!!!

Musey,

my understanding is that it will be swept away in the redevelopment of the area.

far as i know, sportsman's stayin, and casbah's gettin knocked down..more likely it'll be a case of did it fall or was it pushed...potentially a great venue tho...

Let's ave a f***ing party! Casbah luvs ya!

sing it casbah!! best band ever!! oh dj boots or whatever you're called now...hats off to ya x

Only been here once. Music was crap, drinks were VERY expensive, and it was dead!

Never again.

Used to go to a GREAT Wednesday night there - real funk, raregroove night when I was at uni 1997-99

Lewis DJed - anyone remember it?

Is that the one near ecci road with the comedy nites on a thurs or is that the lescar?