Question on heating

My sister says that having the heating on all day and night on a low-medium setting costs about as much as having it on twice a day, for say a total of 10 hours a day. She says it's because the most expensive thing to do is to bring the radiators up to temperature.

Is this true? It makes sense in a way, but you get the impression that having the heating on 24/7 should cost a hell of a lot of money. What do you think?

cheaper with a cylinder because you have 117 litres to keep warm, with a combi system it can come to temp in 30 min so why have it on all day while at work. set the programmer for 30 min before you come in, also another tip is have less hot water in your bath as this is were lots of gas is used... masses of baths = £££££££££££

Im very interested in knowing the answer to this too. I tried keeping it on all winter last year and then got a ridicuously large bill for it. Maybe I left it on too high?

JL-heating, what temp should it be kept on if left on constantly? Also, I know I don't have a combi (coz I don't get hot water on demand, it has to heat up first) so I assume the only other option is the Cylinder that you mention?

Yes leave it on all the time. Even when you've died. Similarly always leave the lights on even if you have to wear a blindfold at night and always leave the car running, even if you're on holiday and it's parked up at the airport.