Tuckwoods of Alfred Road

i can help you on your grans side.ie your dads mum.but dont know alot

your dads side.only know jack an togo i think he was a tuckwood.i think rosie skillington was married to a tuckwood.

the graves a fine and peacefull place

but none i think do there embrace.

• 3 months later...

My name is jilly i am the grandaughter of Rosie Skillington she lived at 112 Alfred Road, she had a Offlicence shop.

Skillington was her married name she married George, her maiden name was Wilde.

I do know when she was little she was brought up by another family (they where poor) she always told me they were the Tuckwoods.

She had three sisters Nellie -Hilda - florance

She often taked about a Harry i think he was a Tuckwood ?

I hope this helps

I am doing a family tree on my family the tuckwoods from alfred road is there any distant relatives out there if so please get in touch

john olive used to drive for them he married one of the daughters kept racing pigeons round the back of the haulage yard down Brightside lane..last I heard they moved down Ecclesfield.

Harry has got the penguin pub and his wife leslie has got a sandwhich shop.My uncle harry "harrys dad" was well known on attercliffe for being a hard man back in the 50s and 60s.He used to drive a fish lorry and from what i can remember he always seemed pretty quiet.The other kids are betty, and pat.

well im jessica harrys daughter my grandad and great grandad were also called harry my greatgrandad worked on the horse and cart and was once run over by one he died in 1929 age 36 me and my dad found his grave recently in burngreave cemetary he was buried in some one elses grave called john liliker which is strange. great grandad harry had 5 brothers and 4 sisters one of his brothers is sean beans great grandad his mum is rita Tuckwood.

My name is jilly i am the grandaughter of Rosie Skillington she lived at 112 Alfred Road, she had a Offlicence shop.

Skillington was her married name she married George, her maiden name was Wilde.

I do know when she was little she was brought up by another family (they where poor) she always told me they were the Tuckwoods.

Through researching my family history ,the Rawsons, they lived in the Alfred Road area at the turn of the century I have links to the Wildes and can possibly link them to the Tuckwoods. Was Rosie Wilde (Skillington) born about 1880 ?