Ecclesfield 'village'

Hi Peter Margaret is my cuisan i will tell her you are trying to find her then pass on her details

Margaret Rusby is also my late Father's cousin. My Granddad and her Mother were brother and sister.

Edited by Nigel Womersle

He had the unusual surname of Basher and I believe, used to breed show dogs. I think it was number 241 High Greave. Many years ago though.

Thank you so much Nigel, you're right on both counts and I think the dogs were Huskies if I remember right

He had the unusual surname of Basher and I believe, used to breed show dogs. I think it was number 241 High Greave. Many years ago though.

they wen't Huskies , they were ElkHounds , used to be in the long back garden alongside Smith's Jennel

I remember her and both her parents too, but I don't know where she went to from High Street. If my memory serves me well, her father was murdered by youths in a subway near the bottom of The Moor, perhaps over twenty five years ago.

Hi nigel,her parents were my aunt and uncle, her dad died september 1995

Margaret Rusby is also my late Father's cousin. My Granddad and her Mother wer brother and sister.

I remember mrs rusby and her husband charlie good friends of my grandmother lovely people.

Yea I was born at 112 high st, the 3 cottages behind the ball in, 1946

I was born at 25 St Marys Lane ( next to Jones's Chippy ) .. in 1953 :)

Hello I. As you know, I often visited your house in St Mary's Lane with my parents. Your house should never have been demolished. It was pure history. Didn't it date back to the 1400's? Today it would have been a listed building. When you think that the old cobblers and the shop next door are listed, it beggars belief. They will of course, fall down in their own good time.

Hello I. As you know, I often visited your house in St Mary's Lane with my parents. Your house should never have been demolished. It was pure history. Didn't it date back to the 1400's? Today it would have been a listed building. When you think that the old cobblers and the shop next door are listed, it beggars belief. They will of course, fall down in their own good time.

Eighup Nigel ..My mother told me.... many years ago , that our House was ( supposedly ) built the same year as St Marys Church , and the stones round the 'Chimney ' were 'left overs ' from the Church ....( Dunno if you knew this or not ).Hope you are well .. GUZZI .:)

Edited by GUZZIOWL

:wave:

Eighup Nigel ..My mother told me.... many years ago , that our House was ( supposedly ) built the same year as St Marys Church , and the stones round the 'Chimney ' were 'left overs ' from the Church ....( Dunno if you knew this or not ).Hope you are well .. GUZZI .:)

Wasn't the church built in 1111 if so house should have been listed, eyup Guz are you OK?:wave:

they wen't Huskies , they were ElkHounds , used to be in the long back garden alongside Smith's Jennel

You're probably right but I was a young child then and didn't know difference. I remember in later years that at opposite side of jennel, same side as co-op they had a pair of Salukis that always barked when you went down jennel but no problem as were fenced in behind high wire netting fence

:wave:

Wasn't the church built in 1111 if so house should have been listed, eyup Guz are you OK?:wave:

Eighup Denlin :wave: ..(i'm not too bad ta ..you OK ? ) ...My Mother told me years ago that our House in St Marys Lane was built the same time as the Church ( 1111 ) we moved from there in 1957 cos it was being pulled down ...and went to live up Yew Lane :)

Was there a Mick Peg ?

yes there was a mick pegg,but he sadly died 12 years