Jocosa Bar - West Street

I've heard that its owned by an ex accountant who wanted to open somewhere that would be suitable for people to take clients.

I went in with a friend last night and have to say that i was dissapointed. The interior is light, bright and clean looking which is good. The stools are very comfy though quite high!!

However the music was awful.... i don't even know what it was, and it was stupidly loud. Me and my friend were shouting at each other to be heard and every 5 minutes the music was turned up. CRAZY!! Also it was £3.00 for a pint of Grolsh which although a number of bars do charge an average of £3.00 a pint, you do expect the bar to live up to the price!!

If i'm right in that the owner wanted a place that you could take clients to, i think they need to sort the music out first!!! The Wig and Pen, Platillos and Ivory are more suitable places for clients and they are a world away from Jocosa. But there's time yet and once they sort out the music, and it turn the atmosphere, it might work...........

I've hated this place since the begining and, although I truly do hate to see a local bizz go, I'll shed no tears when this goes. Anyone who opens such a tacky bar as a place for people to take clients really doesn't have a clue. There's no privacy, no booths and all open windows - not somewhere you can have a private conversation with a client.

While I'm at it - I don't like La Foret either at the moment.

I've hated this place since the begining and, although I truly do hate to see a local bizz go, I'll shed no tears when this goes. Anyone who opens such a tacky bar as a place for people to take clients really doesn't have a clue. There's no privacy, no booths and all open windows - not somewhere you can have a private conversation with a client.

While I'm at it - I don't like La Foret either at the moment.

:hihi: What sort of client? Well it is tacky enough if you get my drift :hihi:

:hihi: What sort of client? Well it is tacky enough if you get my drift :hihi:

Ha ha - good point!

You can even have the use of a plastic ice bucket built into the table to put your sparkling wine in.......oh I mean champagne in. But they do serve crystal at £300 a bottle.

I doubt very much that he actually owns 151 houses in law, as they would have to be in his name, the one he was living in at the time was only in Sarah's name due to his credit rating being shot to pieces, he's a proper billy big time, and a serial liar.

If any body does see him, could they post it on here

Not seen him for a very long time. Not even in the other properties. I do see his son though.

His son, which one is that?? the skinny kid in Hallam News?

His son, which one is that?? the skinny kid in Hallam News?

Yeah thats the one.

I saw the scarlet pimpernel driving through town on Saturday bold as brass!

I don't know how he dare show his face, did he see you?

I think we may step up our efforts to get hold of him and chase the £12,000 he owes us that he agreed to pay in front of witnesses

haha made an enquiry about the sale, although the bar was never in his name so it would be interesting to see who's actually selling it, I'll make the situation known to Rightmove though ;)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-to-let/property-36610931.html

Funnily enough this is now on the market. Although with the current clientele i've seen going in, well... Static Mk2 is a bit of an understatement.

Personally - if I were to buy it I'd shut it down and turn it into something completely different, probably a guitar/music shop or something as there aren't many in Sheffield which have a decent range of gear and a good easy-to-get-to location...sorry about the staff but I'd get rid of the whole "Bar" thing, theres ****loads of them around already (and most of them are better).

Besides, being where it is it'd probably get some business now Real Time has gone...and what with WSL and the Harley being close by, at 8-9 at night closing it'd probably get a fair whack of business from people wanting leads/plecs/pedals for gigs etc...

Edited by addylewis