About Johnny Tempest . . . .

You must go on Facebook and there is a page called - The BIG 60`s in Bielefeld - with some photos of the Knives and Forks in 1965 at the Star Club. At that time I spent about a fortnight with the band because they lived in my hometown Herford not far from Bielefeld in a small room with four beds under the roof of the Hotel Twachtmann. I myself played in a band called The Loadstones and we got in contact cos we played together in a place called Schützenhof. The Knives and Forks signed a contract with a promoter called Carola Frauli but they weren`t contented with her because they didn`t get the gigs they needed. They were nearly penniless and wanted to go back to England. But their old Austin transporter was broken and they had to pay a bill for an autogram - photo from the photograph Ganzemüller. I payed it and organized a car from Hertz and so they left Herford. I never heard of them again.

Thank you for getting back to me I will go on facebook again and try to get it. I know John came back penniless. I was a profesional dancer doing caberet in Jersey at the time, and John came to live with me for six months, and did some caberet his self. Before returning back to england and rejioning his band the knives and forlks. then he went solo ( Johnny Tempest ) Then in 1965 we married and had two sons. Rickie John and Simon John. Rickie is in the property business and Simon is a well known Drummer. Sadley John died in 1982 in a tragic accident. My sons and myself still love and miss him terribly. Once again thank you. How old would you have been at the time you helped John and his band? Xx

I was a seventeen year old pupil and very, very happy to meet these with my eyes very famous band, cos every band who came from the island at that time had something of glory and fame with them.

Hi there, I would have been 16 in 1963. So we are still only chickens arn't we.!!!!!!!! Do you have an email address ? Lovely to hear from you. Pene'

Yes, I think so too. My head is still young and I mentally feel not quite different from the time I started my musical career. And I`m still recording. In September I`ll publish a CD with a record company called bellaphon under my real name werner vogt and the title "Rock `n`Roll Denkmal". On the first of September I will be a pensioner. I`ve worked over 30 years as a judge at a court near Herford and now I must see what I can do with my spare time. My email adress [email protected]

Hi there again, lovely to hear from you again. I am sure you will fill your time with your music. It would be lovely if you could let me have a copy of your cd.I will gladly pay the cost. And a very Happy Birthday to you on the 1st September. Pene' x

Thank you Pene. Sure I`ll send you a copy of the CD. But you can get it through downloading too when it`s out. I`ll give you the adress.

Have you found the photos of the knives and forks on the page I told you. There is not only one photo. There are a lot of photos mostly taken at the Star Club in Bielefeld in 1965. On this page a group of people, The Big 60`s in Bielefeld, publish photos and something else out of the time where beat music reigned in our heads. It`s very interesting for me, but i Think even for you because there are pictures of british bands which were`nt so famous as the beatles but they earned their money with rock `n`Roll here in germany.

Hi there, yes thank you I found the photos'. There are two, one with John singing and Chris Stainton playing bass guitar, then anoher one of the Knives and forlks. Chris Stainton went on to play with Eric Clapton after he left Johns' group. I will email you that photo I have where I think one of the young men who is layed across the Knives and Folks arms is from Germany. Thank you for keeping in touch, I am so interested in you history of the music in the 60s' and now. Speak to you soon. Pene'

Tuit tut your obviously not reading the thread...1982 :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 21-02-2015 at 18:38 ----------

Sadley John died in 1982 in a tragic accident. Xx

There you go, a statement from his wife.

Edited by Cycleracer

Does anyone know where I can find a digital recording of the "B" side - "Wondrous Look Of Love"?

Forget the above. I've now made a digital recording of the B-side . . . . so: I can now listen to both tracks whenever nostalgia starts rearing its head again.

But here's the thing: Thanks to Jenny (Roughly101), who sent me the copy of Johnny's record more than 17 years ago, I can now pass-on the original record to someone who might have reasons to treasure it. Feel free to make contact with me if you want to have it

Tony